Beroro Tejiri Efekoro
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
Beroro Tejiri Efekoro
|Add a Photo|
|Born||December 21, 1990|
Delta State, Nigeria
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||BA in Political Science|
|Alma mater||State University of New York|
|Political party||Democratic Party|
Beroro Tejiri Efekoro (Born December 21, 1990) is an American politician and a member of the Democratic Party. Efekoro is the first African-born immigrant elected to the Albany County Legislature and the first Nigerian-born immigrant elected to public office in the State of New York.  He is currently serving his first term representing the residents of the 7th Legislative District, which comprises the Pine Hills and Beverwyck neighborhoods, located within the City of Albany, New York. 
Beroro Efekoro was born on December 21, 1990 in Delta State, Southern Nigeria. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, State University of New York at Albany (SUNY Albany). 
On November 5, 2019, Efekoro defeated twelve years incumbent, Douglas Bullock, to become the first African-born immigrant elected to the Albany County Legislature. He currently serves as the Vice-Chair of the Legislative Committee on Conservation, Sustainability and Improvement. He also serves as a member of the Legislative Committee on Public Safety, Task Force on Economic Development, and Task Force on Blight to Betterment.
In the media
- Amanda Fries (2019-12-23). "First Nigerian-born person elected to Albany County Legislature". Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- Justina Latimer (2019-12-31). "Beroro Efekoro brings fresh take to Albany County". Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- "Albany County Legislators". Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- Victor Gbonegun (2019-12-30). "New York's County to swear-in Nigerian-born Efekoro as lawmaker". Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- Beroro Tejiri Efekoro on Twitter
- First Nigerian-born person elected to Albany County Legislature
- Beroro Efekoro - the International Organization for Education Inc.
- Beroro Efekoro brings fresh take to Albany County
- New York's County to swear-in Nigerian-born Efekoro as lawmaker
- How I won election in US – Nigerian-born Beroro Efekoro
This article "Beroro Tejiri Efekoro" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.