The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1994/1995 (age 26–27)|
|Education||New York University|
|Occupation||Dress Historian, YouTuber|
|Years active||2018 - Present|
|Total views||57 million|
Bernadette Banner (born 1994/1995 (age 26–27)) is a New York City based dress historian and YouTuber who is known for reconstructing clothing, ranging from the early Medieval era to World War I, but primarily on the Victorian era. She has especially focused on the lack of quality in modern fast fashion. She is also known for sewing using Original Practice, the art of crafting clothes using historically informed methods.
In a notable incident, one of her hand-made dresses was poorly copied and sold by an online company for a fraction of the cost that Banner made it.
- Schindel, Dan (2020-01-03). "Learning Mindfulness From the Art of Victorian Dressmaking". Hyperallergic. Archived from the original on 2020-07-21. Retrieved 2020-11-29.
- Ellis, Emma Grey (2019-06-25). "Spiff Up Your Real-World Skills With Old-Timey YouTube". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Archived from the original on 2020-11-08. Retrieved 2020-11-29.
- "Tisch Drama Alumna Bernadette Banner Creates Online Business Studying Historical Dress". New York University. 2020-02-27. Archived from the original on 2020-11-29. Retrieved 2020-11-29.
- Meiling, Brittany (2020-01-31). "Home-sewn clothes are making a comeback. But is it too late for dying fabric stores?". San Diego Union-Tribune. Archived from the original on 2020-11-01. Retrieved 2020-11-29.
- Timberlake, Howard (2019-12-02). The ancient skill that could make you money. BBC Reel (Video feature). Partially narrated by Bernadette Banner. BBC. Retrieved 2020-11-29.
- Ellis, Emma Grey (2020-02-21). "Companies Are Stealing Influencers' Faces". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Archived from the original on 2020-11-22. Retrieved 2020-11-29.
This article "Bernadette Banner" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.