Baumann Sideloaders Srl
|Headquarters||Cavaion Veronese, Verona, |
|Products||Sideloaders , GXS 500|
|400 sideloaders annually|
Baumann Srl (known as Baumann Sideloaders) is an international manufacturer of sideloaders. The company is based in Cavaion Veronese near Verona, Italy and is one of the largest producers of this type of forklift worldwide.
Baumann produces around 400 sideloaders annually in its factory, which are exported to 78 countries worldwide. The range currently includes eight different series with a load capacity of between three and 50 tonnes. The largest machine is the GXS 500 which has a spreader to handle shipping containers.
The company has its roots in the production of sideloaders for the timber industry, which was started in 1967 by the two brothers Rolf and Wolfgang Baumann in Bühlertal. In 1969, under the direction of Wolfgang Baumann, production of the sideloaders started at the production site in Cavaion Veronese. The factory began in a former peach plantation with 18 employees with an average age of 23. It was the first industrial business in the area. The location was said to have been selected for its proximity to a renowned nearby technical school by Wolfgang Baumann, who believed craftsmanship “permeates the local culture.” 
Without a road, electricity or water supply, Wolfgang, who did not speak Italian, first had to build the road and the infrastructure, which were later sold to the community. On June 24, 1969 the then joint-stock company Baumann Spa was founded. The 3 founders were Wolfgang and Rolf Baumann (each 40%) and Adolfo Gazza (20%). Wolfgang acted as managing director, Adolfo as technical manager, Adolfo was not new to the sideloader business, having previously worked for another manufacturer. Rolf Baumann stayed in Germany and managed the sales and customer service team there.This later led to problems when the German business was sold and legal proceedings over the Baumann name ensued for over a decade. The competitor believed it had purchased the rights to the Baumann name and produced equipment with the name. Baumann sideloaders were subsequently badged as 'Cavaion Sideloaders Baumann' and by 2011 the competitor activity had ceased. 
The model series have been gradually expanded over the years, with larger capacities and electric powered models becoming more prominent.
Wolfgang traveled extensively in the 1980s, helping Baumann to get a foothold in the US market. In 1986, Wolfgang Baumann received the Order of Merit for Labour (Italian: Ordine al Merito del Lavoro) from then Foreign Minister, Emilio Colombo. It is extremely rare for a German citizen to receive such an award in Italy.
In 2001 Wolfgang Baumann was made an honorary citizen of Cavaion Veronese. His social commitment, the development of the town twinning Bad Aibling, and his activities with the Baumann company, had helped shape Cavaion and the surrounding area.
In 2010, the company developed its first hydrogen fuel cell model, and a year later patented it's VRS (Variable Reach System) method for traversing the mast , allowing masts, and therefore loads, to be carried in a smooth movement.
Direct operations began in the UK in 2015 under the name Cavaion Baumann UK Limited.
In 2017 the company patented PaxLift, a vehicle for transporting PRM air passengers. The design of PaxLift follows the development of Ambulift vehicles based on Baumann sideloaders a decade earlier. The sideways movement was replaced with three vertical cylinders providing greater stability. At its debut in Munich, PaxLift earned the company the 2017 interAirport Expo's interRamp award  and has been sold to airports in Europe and Asia.
The company has won the Fork Lift Truck Association Excellence Awards in 2016 and 2019  and received four nominations in 2020 , including one for the EGX, the world’s first 120v electric sideloader.
In the media
- Events, UKi Media & (2019-10-22). "Baumann launches largest sideloader 'in history'". Industrial Vehicle Technology International. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- "HSS MAGAZINE - Down by the water". www.hsssearch.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- tbenson123. "Welcome". Baumann Sideloaders. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- "Baumann S.r.L.", Wikipedia (in Deutsch), 2019-01-06, retrieved 2020-05-07
- , "Control and guide group for a mast of 2-way, 4-way or multidirectional side-loading lift trucks as well as 2-way, 4-way or multidirectional side-loading lift truck.", issued 2012-04-26
- "CAVAION BAUMANN UK LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- , "Motorized vehicle with elevating cabin for transportation of people or goods", issued 2017-04-27
- "The inter airport Europe 2017 Innovation Awards". www.interairport.com. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- "Awards Roll of Honour - FLTA Award Winners Since 1995 | The Fork Lift Truck Association". fork-truck.org.uk. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- "Pick of the Year | The Fork Lift Truck Association". fork-truck.org.uk. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- "Cedar benefits: Metsä Wood chooses Windsor for mixed fleet". SHD Logistics. 2015-03-04. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- "GE Robinson boosts efficiency with new sideloader fleet in relationship with Baumann". Ge Robinson. 2017-01-25. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- Baumann Sideloaders facebook page
- Baumann Sideloaders linkedin page
- Baumann Sideloaders youtube channel
- Manufacturer - Brands: Baumann S.r.l. - Forklift
- Roberto Franceschetti's email & phone | Baumann
- Baumann Sideloaders Srl | Apollo - Apollo.io
- Baumann S.r.l. of Cavaion (VR) at Tube 2018 in Düsseldorf
- HX Range – Baumann Sideloaders Canada
This article "Baumann Sideloaders Srl" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.