Barnabás György Szabó
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
Barnabás György Szabó
|Leader||AWM Holding Zrt.|
|Born||October 9, 1981|
|Alma mater||Corvinus University of Budapest (BA, MS)|
|Occupation||businessperson, investor, serial entrepreneur|
Barnabás György Szabó (born October 9, 1981) is a Hungarian-born economist, stock market, real estate, and venture capital investor, currently living in Singapore.
Early life and education
Barnabás György Szabó was born in Keszthely, Hungary. He attended The Benedictine School of Pannonhalma, which is one of the finest high schools in Hungary. Then Szabó attended the Corvinus University of Budapest, where he received his BA and MS degrees in Economics. During his university years, he was also a member of the István Széchenyi Special College. Since 2008 Szabó has been a member of MENSA, "the most colorful grey matter". This is a non-profit organization and an association for people with outstanding IQs.
Szabó started his career in the early 2000s, he hadn't even finished his studies when he founded his very first company in 2001. In 2003, Szabó founded AMEA, engaged in company valuation and venture capital investment. After that, he founded ARTEON INVEST in 2008 which was a stock brokerage and operated until 2016. In 2012, he started his alternative asset management company, ALTERA, with his business partners, Csaba Bundik and Balázs Faluvégi, whose shares were listed on the Budapest Stock Exchange (BSE) in 2013. In 2017, he successfully exited the company, which currently runs under the name AutoWallis as a member of the Wallis Group.
Actually, he runs his own wholesaler and asset management company called AWM Holding Zrt. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Budaörs (suburb of Budapest, Hungary) and its main profile is capital market investments and wholesale trade.
When it comes to investments Szabó mainly deals with American and Asian startup investments lately. Such as the Addepar fintech company marked by the names of Joe Lonsdale (ex-Palantir), Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), and Stanley Druckenmiller (ex-Quantum Fund), or Postmates, which was the 4th largest in the USA food delivery service before it was acquired by Uber in 2020.
He currently has major investments in Udacity, an online education company, what’s more in Uber, and is preparing a technology investment company in Singapore.
At the WorldTopInvestor stock market competition, he finished in the international TOP 10 out of about 1,000 traders from 19 countries. He finished 9th in one of the world's best-known real-money investment competitions with a return of 27.29% in one year.
As a great economist, Barnabás Szabó has always been interested in sharing his knowledge with others. This is why he published many fine works about the topic and this is also why he has always tried to focus on mastering his educational activity. Since the start of his career, Szabó has been teaching at various great institutions.
He has taught at the following institutions so far:
- 2019: Budapest Business School - Mentoring at the Team Academy program
- 2018-2021: National Intellectual Property Office - Member of the scholarship committee and a trainer of the Moholy-Nagy Design Scholarship
- 2017: WERK Academy - Business skills training for artists
- 2014: Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design (MOME) - 1 year of business mentoring in an experimental mentoring program
- 2013: Saint Ignatius Jesuit College - Teaching as part of a business development course
Szabó and his current company, AWM Holding Zrt., focus a lot on social responsibility. Since its establishment each year they are trying to find the foundations that need the most help. They support these organizations and communities with financial and material help as well. What’s more, Szabó helped some of these organizations by holding seminars himself.
The company, with Szabó as CEO has given help to these foundations for example:
- Support of publishing the Servant Leader in the Enterprise learning book
- Support of the Beregszász Hospital through the Johannita Helping Service
- Supporting the homeless women through RÉS Social- és Cultural Foundation
- Giving support for entrepreneurs of Roma origin through A way out program
- Support of the Hungarian Handball Association - junior beach handball team
- The Carpathian Basin Savings Foundation
- Thury Sport Nonprofit Kft
- The Benedictine School of Pannonhalma Nonprofit Foundation
- City Sports Association of Dunakeszi
- Duna Theatre Cultural Nonprofit Foundation Kft.
This article "Barnabás György Szabó" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.