Barapura (Baseri, Dholpur)
|• Total||463 ha (1,144 acres)|
|• Density||220/km2 (570/sq mi)|
|Sex ratio||862 ♂/♀|
Barapura is a small village of 463 hectares in Baseri Tehsil in Dholpur district, also known as the land of red stone in the State of Rajasthan, India. The village is administrated by a sarpanch who is elected representative of the village by the local elections. Barapura depends on BARI, the nearest town for all major economic activities. The village has government-provided water facilities that include Two taps, One Well supply, Two tanks, Two tubewells, and One handpump. The villagers also acquire water from some of the natural water sources - Two rivers, Two canals and Two springs. Barapura is also surrounded by Two lakes. The population of the village depends on the source of drinking water during summer on Handpump. Barapura's pin code is 328026, and village code is 01116500. The area of Barapura is segregated as 33.99 hectares irrigated area, 73.26 hectares unirrigated, the 76.84 hectare area under culturable waste (including gauchar and groves), and remaining 22.26 hectare area not available for cultivation.
Barapura has Two banks and Two credit societies for the regulation of economic activity. The village is also equipped with Two recreational centers.
The village has an uninterrupted 24 hours electric supply from a power grid.
Barapura is a census village in the district of Dholpur, Rajasthan. The village has a total population of 1012 and has total administration over 164 houses which are connected to supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage.
- Barapura has 224 children, 108 boys and 116 girls.
- Scheduled caste counts for 1 (0.10%) males constitute 1 (0.10%) of the population and females 0 (0.0%).
- Scheduled tribe counts for 796 (78.66%) males constitute 431 (42.59%) of the population and females 365 (36.07%).
- Barapura has 3 hospitals in nearby town.
As per the census 2011 report, 425 people are literate in Barapura out of which 292 are males and 133 are females.
Barapura has the following educational facilities:
- 1 Education facility
- 1 Primary school
- 2 Colleges in the nearby range
According to a census 2011 report, 394 people of the total population are employed. The workforce is 204 male, 190 female with 136 (34.52%) of all workers being employed full-time, this includes 132 males and 4 females. 42 males and 1 female are considered as the main cultivators with the help of 1 male. 258 people are reported to work for a marginal period of time in the year.
They depend on the agricultural markets (Mandi) of the nearby towns of BARI and Dholpur to sell agricultural produce and make their living.
- "Pin Code 328026 and Post Offices under 328026 Postal Code". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2021-03-11.
- "328026 Pin Code, post offices list". indiamapia.com. Retrieved 2021-03-11.
- "Pincode 328026". www.prokerala.com. Retrieved 2021-03-11.