Bansi (Nainwa, Bundi)
|• Total||1,711 ha (4,228 acres)|
|• Density||270/km2 (700/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||RJ-IN|
|Sex ratio||922 ♂/♀|
Bansi is a small village of 1711 hectares in Nainwa Tehsil in Bundi district, also known as a city of stepwells in the State of Rajasthan, India. The village is administrated by a sarpanch who is elected representative of the village by the local elections. Bansi depends on NAINWA, the nearest town for all major economic activities. The village has government-provided water facilities that include One tap, One Well supply, Two tanks, One tubewell, and One handpump. The villagers also acquire water from some of the natural water sources - Two rivers, Two canals and Two springs. Bansi is also surrounded by Two lakes. The population of the village depends on the source of drinking water during summer on Handpump. Bansi's pin code is 323802, and village code is 02723800. The area of Bansi is segregated as 231 hectares irrigated area, 816 hectares unirrigated, the 184 hectare area under culturable waste (including gauchar and groves), and remaining 177 hectare area not available for cultivation.
Bansi has One post office (Bansi B.O) and Fifteen public telephones. The village is connected with a single bus service. Bansi has One bank, One credit society and One agricultural credit society for the regulation of economic activity. The village is also equipped with Two recreational centers.
The village has an uninterrupted 24 hours electric supply from a power grid.
Bansi is a census village in the district of Bundi, Rajasthan. The village has a total population of 4603 and has total administration over 816 houses which are connected to supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage.
- Bansi has 647 children, 331 boys and 316 girls.
- Scheduled caste counts for 1087 (23.62%) males constitute 551 (11.97%) of the population and females 536 (11.64%).
- Scheduled tribe counts for 26 (0.56%) males constitute 16 (0.35%) of the population and females 10 (0.22%).
- Bansi has 1 allopathic dispensary and 3 hospitals in nearby town.
- Bansi has 1 ayurvedic dispensary.
As per the census 2011 report, 2578 people are literate in Bansi out of which 1607 are males and 971 are females.
Bansi has the following educational facilities:
- 1 Education facility
- 2 Primary schools
- 1 Upper primary school
- 1 Senior Secondary school
- 3 Colleges in the nearby range
According to a census 2011 report, 2073 people of the total population are employed. The workforce is 1200 male, 873 female with 1299 (62.66%) of all workers being employed full-time, this includes 918 males and 381 females. 354 males and 190 females are considered as the main cultivators with the help of 73 male and 92 female agricultural labor. 774 people are reported to work for a marginal period of time in the year.
They depend on the agricultural markets (Mandi) of the nearby towns of NAINWA and Bundi to sell ghee and make their living.
- "Pin Code 323802 and Post Offices under 323802 Postal Code". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "323802 Pin Code, post offices list". indiamapia.com. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "Pincode 323802". www.prokerala.com. Retrieved 2021-03-13.