Balkasa (Keshoraipatan, Bundi)
|• Total||590 ha (1,460 acres)|
|• Density||430/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||RJ-IN|
|Sex ratio||922 ♂/♀|
Balkasa is a small village of 590 hectares in Keshoraipatan Tehsil in Bundi district, also known as a city of stepwells in the State of Rajasthan, India. The village is administrated by a sarpanch who is elected representative of the village by the local elections. Balkasa depends on KAPRAIN, the nearest town for all major economic activities. The village has government-provided water facilities that include One tap, One Well supply, One tank, One tubewell, and One handpump. The villagers also acquire water from some of the natural water sources - Two rivers, One canal and Two springs. Balkasa is also surrounded by Two lakes. The population of the village depends on the source of drinking water during summer on Handpump. Balkasa's pin code is 323301, and village code is 02752300. The area of Balkasa is segregated as 485 hectares irrigated area, 14 hectares unirrigated, remaining 91.29 hectare area not available for cultivation.
Balkasa has Two banks and Two credit societies for the regulation of economic activity. The village is also equipped with Two recreational centers.
The village has an uninterrupted 24 hours electric supply from a power grid.
Balkasa is a census village in the district of Bundi, Rajasthan. The village has a total population of 2553 and has total administration over 466 houses which are connected to supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage.
- Balkasa has 316 children, 174 boys and 142 girls.
- Scheduled caste counts for 638 (24.99%) males constitute 329 (12.89%) of the population and females 309 (12.10%).
- Scheduled tribe counts for 510 (19.98%) males constitute 254 (9.95%) of the population and females 256 (10.03%).
- Balkasa has 3 hospitals in nearby town.
As per the census 2011 report, 1603 people are literate in Balkasa out of which 1006 are males and 597 are females.
Balkasa has the following educational facilities:
- 1 Education facility
- 2 Primary schools
- 1 Upper primary school
- 3 Colleges in the nearby range
- 2 Adult literacy centers
According to a census 2011 report, 1058 people of the total population are employed. The workforce is 661 male, 397 female with 725 (68.53%) of all workers being employed full-time, this includes 572 males and 153 females. 318 males and 37 females are considered as the main cultivators with the help of 171 male and 105 female agricultural labor. 333 people are reported to work for a marginal period of time in the year.
They depend on the agricultural markets (Mandi) of the nearby towns of KAPRAIN and Bundi to sell earthen pots and make their living.
- "Pin Code 323301 and Post Offices under 323301 Postal Code". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "323301 Pin Code, post offices list". indiamapia.com. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "Pincode 323301". www.prokerala.com. Retrieved 2021-03-13.