Bad Temper Joe
Bad Temper Joe
|Occupation||German musician and guitarist|
Bad Temper Joe (* in Bielefeld, East Westphalia-Lippe) is a German musician and guitarist. He is "one of the really impressive songwriters in the blues these days." At the International Blues Challenge in Memphis 2020, he was the only European in the final of the top eight. Bad Temper Joe won the singer / songwriter slam in Osnabrück in 2016. Bad Temper Joe plays a Weissenborn guitar and has released eight studio albums since 2014.
Bad Temper is a singer and mainly plays slide guitar, but also harmonica and electric guitar. His music draws from the blues, but also from musical traditions such as country, rock and ties in with the program of the Great American Songbook, which he applied to the East Westphalian province. Bad Temper Joe texts are based on procedures, especially by Bob Dylan, in that they incorporate and transform references to Anglo-American but also German cultural traditions. In addition to the songs of Bob Dylan: Homer, Tom Waits, the Bible, Charlie Sexton, Franz Kafka, the Rolling Stones, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson or Marius Müller-Westernhagen. Dominik Rothe writes: "Despite all the cross-references to his musical roots, Bad Temper Joe is anything but a yesterday's retro artist." Bad Temper Joe plays solo, with a band and in a duet with the Belgian singer and guitarist Fernant Zeste, with whom he also recorded an album entitled Haunt . Bad Temper Joe is under contract with Timezone Records.
In the tradition of Bob Dylan's Never ending Tour Bad Temper Joe performs excessively. Setlistfm has been listing hundreds of concerts since 2012. In conversation with Tim Schauen, Bad Temper Joe discusses his performance practice and his musical aesthetics. Thomas Klingebiel writes about Bad Temper Joe's concerts in Memphis: "Bad Temper Joe thrilled the audience in the music clubs on the famous Beale Street, where the careers of blues icons like Muddy Waters and B. B. King began."
- 2020 INTERNATIONAL BLUES CHALLENGE: Finalist "Solo/Duo"
- 2019 GERMAN BLUES CHALLENGE: best solo performance
- 2019 GERMAN BLUES AWARDS: Nomination "Best Album" (The Maddest of Them All)
- 2016 Winner Singer/Songwriter Slam Osnabrück
- Sometimes a Sinner (2014)
- Man for the Road (2014)
- Tough Ain't Easy (2015)
- Double Trouble (2016)
- Solitary Mind (2017)
- Ain't Worth a Damn (2018)
- The Maddest of Them All (2019)
- Haunt (2019) (gemeinsam mit Fernant Zeste)
In the media
- Fernant Zeste
- Haunt bei Timezone Records
- Bad Temper Joe bei Timezone Records
- Bad Temper Joe on facebook
- Bluespfaffe: Bad Temper Joe – The Maddest of Them All. In: Wasser-Prawda. Musik- und Meerkulturmagazin, 6th February 2019.
- The Blues Foundation: International Blues Challenge 2020. 2020 IBC Finalists - Solo/Duo -.
- Tom Bullmann: Bad Temper Joe zum besten Singer/Songwriter gekürt. In: Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung, 26th February 2016.
- Bad Temper Joe: Official Homepage
- Dominik Rothe: Bad Temper Joe - The Maddest Of Them All. Review. In: metal.de, 18th February 2019.
- Tim Schauen: Bluestime: Neues aus Americana, Blues und Roots. In: Deutschlandfunk, 28th Februarry 2020.
- Thomas Klingebiel: Bielefelder Blues-Talent erobert Memphis. In: Neue Westfälische, 15th February 2020.
This article "Bad Temper Joe" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.