Babungi Josephine Bebona
Babungi Josephine Bebona
|Born||January 6, 1973|
|Alma mater||Semuliki High School|
|Occupation||Member of Parliament|
Babungi Josephine Bebona is a Ugandan midwife and woman Member of Parliament for Bundibugyo District as of March 2021 in the 11th parliament of Uganda. She is politically affiliated to the National Resistance Movement (NRM) and she has been in the Ugandan parliament since 2016
Background and Education
Babungi Josephine Bebona was born on 06-Jan-1973 in Bundibugyo District in the Western Region, Uganda, which is bordering the Democratic Republic of the Congo. She attended Semuliki High School in Bundibugyo where she finished her High School Education in 1989. She obtained a Certificate of Enrolled Midwifery in 1997 from Kabale School of Nursing and Midwifery. In 2004, Babungi Josephine Bebona obtained a Certificate of Registration in Midwifery from Rubaga School of Nursing and Midwifery
Babungi Josephine Bebona was an enrolled midwife from 1999-2003. She became a Nursing Officer in Bundibugyo District Local Government from 2005-2016. she is currently serving as the woman Member of Parliament for Bundibugyo District since 2016 up to date
Babungi Josephine Bebona is truly a person who believes in equality and peace within her region and the country at large. She helped in the settling of the tribal differences between the Bakonjo and the Bamba in Bundibugyo District. She participated in distributing of relief to flash floods affected families in Bundibugyo in conjunction with the Uganda Red Cross Society and the Ugandan Government in 2019 and also, she requested the Office of the Prime Minister of Uganda to include Bundibugyo District in the relocation plan since the district suffers the same disaster every year. She also participated in the age limit debate but she remained undecided by the time the debate was concluded in 2017. Babungi Josephine Bebona initiated the women's skills development project which was intended to help people with disabilities (PWDs) which was later launched by the Speaker of the parliament of Uganda in 2018.
She has been a member of Committee on HIV/AIDS and Related Matter where she managed to obtain a score of 67.86. She has been involved in a number of projects which include buying Mattresses to Grade 1 P.L.E Pupils, gave A Diabetes Machine to Dr. Bukombi Of Kikyo Health Center And Bundibugyo Hospital, supplied Goats and Cows to Some Farmers, gave 30 Plastic Seats And 1,000,000UGX To Mijosa Group.
- "Parliament of Uganda". www.parliament.go.ug. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- Simon, Masaba; John B., Nzinjah (1 March 2016). "Bundibugyo clashes: 80 suspects arrested, nine bodies recovered" (PDF). The New Vision. Vision Group. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "NRM Parliamentary Caucus". NATIONAL RESISTANCE MOVEMENT. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- The Parliamentary Performance Scorecard 2018- 2019 (PDF). Plot 7 Kulubya Close, off Prince Anne Drive Bugolobi, P. O. Box 25898, Kampala | website: www.aflinstitute.net: AFRICA LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE. April 2020. pp. 85, 352, 690, 691. ISBN 978-947478-111-0.
- "Red Cross distributes relief to flash floods affected families in Bundibugyo". Uganda Red Cross Society. 12 September 2019. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Disaster In Bundibugyo". NBS. 9 December 2019. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Where your MP stands on age limit debate". Daily Monitor. 16 September 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- Nyamwongera, Geoffrey (29 October 2018). "Bundibugyo District on the spot for marginalizing PWDs". Insider. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
This article "Babungi Josephine Bebona" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.