Asian Coture Fed
|Founder||Dr. Frank Cinamani|
|Legal status||Nonprofit Organization (NPO)|
|Purpose||Promote Asian fashion globally & establishing an economy based on creativity and knowledge.|
|Leader||Dr. Frank Cintamani|
Asian Couture Federation (ACF) is a not-for-profit Asian trade association. Founded in 2013, its purpose is to enable sustainable growth and strengthen Asian fashion in the global fashion economy. The association is officially endorsed by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan.
The group's purpose is to encourage and develop a more attractive business environment in Asia for regional fashion designers, and to entice global fashion brands to remain and headquarter in Asia. The group intends to establish strong bonds with its counterparts in other major fashion markets with the goal of promoting local talents abroad.
The association, founded by Dr. Frank Cinamani, is managed by Chief Governor Jack Tsao of Guo Pei.
The group includes a committee of 11 governors from Asia and 10 Asian designer members, who appointed Kenzo Takada (deceased) as its Honorary President. Governors include Kim Sung-joo (entrepreneur)|Kim Sung-Joo (MCM Worldwide|Mode Creation Munich (MCM), Satoshi Onuma (Bunka Fashion College), Zio Song (SONGZIO|Songzio), and Kullawit Laosuksri (Editor-in-Chief of Vogue (magazine)|Vogue Thailand). Acting Vice President is Emily Hwang.
Membership of the ACF is determined following a nomination, review and approval by the executive board and governors committee. At the present time it has a membership of 25 designers.
There are two tiers of membership; Senior and Junior. The Senior Level is for highly experienced designers who are given the title of Asian Couturier Extraordinaire10 and include Guo Pei, Yumi Katsura, Sebastian Gunawan, Michael Cinco, Lie Sang Bong, and Nguyễn Công Trí. The Junior is for up and coming Asian fashion designers.
Collaborations and Activities
Since its formation, the ACF has been engaged in a number of projects and initiatives aimed at supporting its mission and raising a wider awareness of Asian and Asia based couture talent.
This has included establishing networks and relationships with other fashion federations and organizations including the British Fashion Council, AltaRoma, Council of Fashion Designers of Korea and Council of Fashion Designers of America|the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
It has also been active in supporting and organizing international fashion platforms to promote Asian couture talent including the Perth Fashion Festival, Vietnam International Fashion Week and Jinan in Style International Fashion Week.
In 2018, the ACF formally established a commitment for a long term presence in China and undertaking to promote Chinese fashion talent. The ACF and its Executive Board have also been active in various fashion related forums, symposiums and platforms as a means of discussing Asian couture talent including the INYT S.E.A. of Luxury Conference and SHOWstudio’s ‘in conversation’ series.
The ACF has also partnered with a number of major business corporations including Marina Bay Sands and The Walt Disney Company.
The ACF has also initiated projects aimed at offering greater commercial access to its member designers including COUTURiSIMO which was launched in Paris at the Tuileries Garden during couture week and in London at Kensington Palace during London Fashion Week.
It has also been active in supporting and organizing international fashion platforms to promote Asian talent like the Perth Fashion Festival.
Since 2014, the ACF has recognized individuals, businesses, and organizations that have made an outstanding contribution to the Asian and global fashion industry through the ACF Awards. The awards are made following a nomination, review, and approval process by the Executive Board and Governors Committee and in consultation with member designers, business and fashion leaders, media, and educational institutions, and fashion councils.
The ACF Awards are divided into a number of categories that cover a range of specialisms, contributions, and professional experiences such as fashion education, fashion journalism, and the couture industry. Key recipients have included Jean Paul Gaultier, Daphne Guinness, Caroline Rush, and Fendi|Silvia Fendi. The ACF also marks key milestones in the career of leading designers such as the 55th anniversary of Renato Balestra.
The ACF’s highest award is the ACF Lifetime Achievement Award which has been given to a number of prominent recipients including Kenzo Takada, Nick Knight (film)|Nick Knight, Anna Wintour and Suzy Menkes. At the present time, the ACF has given 50 awards.
The ACF Awards are held annually.
- British Fashion Council
- Arab Fashion Council
- Council of Fashion Designers of America
- Fédération française de la couture
- National Chamber of Italian Fashion
- Kohut-Cole, Alexandra (2013-11-21). "A New Day for Asia (Published 2013)". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "Asian Domination: The Asian Couture Federation". NOWFASHION. 2013-10-16. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "Frank Cintamani | SHOWstudio". www.showstudio.com. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- Mackelden, Amy (2020-10-04). "Kenzo Founder Kenzō Takada Has Died Due to COVID-19 Complications". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "Kenzo Takada: Asian fashion designers can become the next trendsetters". Her World Singapore. 2013-10-15. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "SOMARTA | Industrial Tourism in Japan - Japan External Trade Organization - JETRO". www.jetro.go.jp. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- Feitelberg, Rosemary; Feitelberg, Rosemary (2019-11-27). "Guo Pei Helps Asian Couture Federation Launch Jinan in Style International Fashion Week". WWD. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "What makes Emily Hwang tick". PerthNow. 2014-09-15. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "Asian Couture Federation - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "E- Magazine Dec 2014". www.sg.emb-japan.go.jp. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- "ASIAN COUTURE FEDERATION AWARDS GALA – A NIGHT TO REMEMBER". FashionOne. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
This article "Asian Coture Fed" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.