Asharq News  (Arabic: الشرق للأخبار) is a 24/7 multi-platform news service that brings content to users in the Arab world and internationally. It mostly covers regional and global economic affairs with an extended coverage on the Asharq News TV channel and its digital platforms .
History and Profile
It was launched by the Saudi Research and Marketing Group (SRMG) on 11 November 2020, and is currently headed by its general manager, Nabeel Al Khatib. Asharq News’ main headquarters is in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Research and Marketing Group
Asharq News is a subsidiary of the Saudi Research and Marketing Group, one of the Middle East’s leading publishing groups and a Saudi joint stock company registered in Riyadh and established in London in 1978. SRMG provides marketing, advertising, and distributing services across the MENA region and Europe. It provides political, financial, sports, and lifestyle news, in addition to analysis through over 16 publications and digital platforms.
Asharq and Bloomberg
Asharq News has an exclusive content agreement with Bloomberg Media. This agreement will power a key component in the channel, enabling Asharq Business with Bloomberg to offer Arabic-speaking audiences news and analysis on the companies, markets and economics that shape the Middle East. This collaboration will result in including an Arabic edition of Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and other media activities in the future. With Bloomberg on board, there will be an emphasis on business and finance, in addition to general news, analysis, and lifestyle content. "It is partnerships like these that allow us to strengthen our presence in key growth markets, and this expansion across the Middle East is the latest development as part of our strategy to invent our way forward to become the most modern global media company." said Justin B. Smith, CEO, Bloomberg Media Group.
Programmes and Audiences
Asharq News mainly targets businesspeople, entrepreneurs, political, technological leaders, and news seekers in general. It provides programs that tackle economic, social, political, financial, and cultural issues that are occurring across the region and internationally. “Our multiplatform offering will provide relevant and diverse content for all ages and interests with an editorial policy based on our slogan ‘Connecting the dots’, which summarizes our vision of the news and the way it is presented.” Said Dr Nabeel Al-Khatib, General Manager of Asharq News. The Asharq News team consists of multinational, multicultural and multilingual employees of 40 different nationalities.
Apart from the television channel, Asharq News AI-powered digital platforms consist of two main websites. The first website is dedicated to general news and in-depth analysis. The second website is Asharq Business with, which serves as a leading source of economic news in the region. There is an AI integration that offers the user an experience where everyone receives customized content based on their interest. Both websites have their own social media accounts that post all types of news.
Location and Headquarters
Asharq News is headquartered in Riyadh, with central offices in the Dubai International Financial Centre, UAE, and Washington D.C.. It also has hubs in and studios in Cairo and Abu Dhabi. Additionally, Asharq News has a global presence in international cities such as Beirut, Baghdad, Jerusalem, and Istanbul. In addition to correspondents in major cities of global nations, such as Beijing, London, Washington, New York, Paris, and Rome. This permits access to the content produced by hundreds of reporters from Bloomberg’s network around the world.
- ↑ "الصفحة الرئيسية | الشرق". asharq.com.
- ↑ "SRMG Launches Asharq News". Asharq AL-awsat.
- ↑ "SRMG and Bloomberg Media collaborate to power business-focused division of Asharq News, Asharq Business with Bloomberg".
- ↑ "Bloomberg And SRMG Launches Bloomberg Asharq". www.omnesmedia.com.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Bloomberg and Saudi Research and Marketing Group (SRMG) Unveil New Details of Partnership | Press" – via www.bloomberg.com.
- ↑ "Bloomberg Media strikes deal to provide content for Saudi news operation". Talking Biz News. November 18, 2020.
- ↑ "SRMG, Bloomberg to launch 'Bloomberg Asharq' news service". ArgaamPlus.
- ↑ "Asharq News Channel, Bloomberg to Go Live Across The Middle East". Al Bawaba.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "Asharq News to Embark on New Journey in Arab Media Landscape with Launch of TV Channel, Digital Platforms". Saudi Research and Marketing Group. November 11, 2020.
- ↑ "Asharq News to embark on new journey in Arab Media landscape with launch of TV channel, digital platforms". www.zawya.com.
- ↑ "Asharq News to Embark on New Journey in Arab Media Landscape". Venture Magazine. November 15, 2020.
- ↑ "Saudi Research and Marketing launches TV channel". english.mubasher.info.
- ↑ "Asharq News to Embark on New Journey in Arab Media Landscape". Dubai New Style. November 12, 2020.
- ↑ "SRMG and Bloomberg Media collaborate". advanced-television.com.
- ↑ "The Launch of a New TV Channel: Asharq News to Embark on New Journey in Arab Media Landscape". November 14, 2020.
This article "Asharq News" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.