Arthur Erik Lee
Arthur Erik Lee
|Add a Photo|
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
|Alma mater||Sabah College|
Arthur Erik Lee is a Malaysian entrepreneur, publisher and an active arts community champion in the state of Sabah, Malaysia. He attended SRK Sacred Heart Primary School in 1989 before attending Sabah College – now Maktab Sabah – in 1995. He achieved a grade 1 in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia. In 2003, he obtained a Diploma in Computer Studies from University of Cambridge/Informatics College. He further obtained a degree of Bachelor of Mass Communication majoring in Creative Multimedia, Media Production and Marketing from the University of Southern Queensland in 2007.
Arthur was born in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, the eldest child of retired automobile parts manager Albert Lee and baker Emma bte Datuk Anthony Undan. He is of native Sabah and Hong Kong descent. He has two younger sisters. 
Career & Community Activities
He started out his work life being an entrepreneur and founded BandWidth Street Press.
In 2017 he was recruited by Sabah Foundation Group (Kumpulan Yayasan Sabah) and was given two portfolios. He held a managerial position for the group's Corporate Communications Division as well as the Head for the M.I.C.E Unit in preparation for the opening of Sabah International Convention Centre. He left Sabah Foundation Group to join Kuala Lumpur based Kumpulan Syed Kechik Group of Companies where he currently holds the General Manager post for one of its subsidiary. 
The Borneo Big Band was founded by Arthur and his wife, Joan Jim, a jazz musician. The band consists of professional musicians from all over Sabah and managed to organize its first concert in 2015 with the Mayor of Kota Kinabalu City in attendance.
In March 2019, he was invited to the Sabah’s Rural Creative Communities: Developing and Revitalizing Rural Communities Through Arts and Creativity organized by the Institute for Development Studies (Sabah), where he was a panel speaker for the Creative Platforms and Spaces in Sabah session.
Arthur is the organizing chairman for Sabah Jazz, a jazz event held in the city of Kota Kinabalu in April 2019, that features performances by local musicians as well as international invites. Aimed at fostering unity through music and promoting talents, his efforts with this event has managed to elevate some of Sabah's top jazz artistes and making them known to the public especially within the region.
Arthur is married to Jazz musician, Joan Jim and has a son.
Arthur is currently a board member for JCI Penampang's 2020 term holding the Vice President. In 2018 he was elected as the President for the Society of Performing Arts Sabah (SPArKS) and prior to that he held the position of Vice President for the society from 2014 to 2018.
- "New Sabah Times". web.archive.org. 2013-05-12. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- "PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- "Arthur Erik Lee". Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- "Borneo Big Band concert a big success – Borneo Post Online". www.theborneopost.com. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- admin (2019-03-08). "Seminar on Sabah's Rural Creative Communities: Developing and Revitalizing Rural Communities Through Arts and Creativity". IDS. Retrieved 2020-10-03.
- "Music lovers throng inaugural Sabah Jazz | Daily Express Online - Sabah's Leading News Portal". www.dailyexpress.com.my. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- "New Sabah Times". www.newsabahtimes.com.my. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- "RM3m theatre soon in KK for the performing arts | Daily Express Online - Sabah's Leading News Portal". dailyexpress.com.my. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
This article "Arthur Erik Lee" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.