The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|President of Birbhum district of All India Trinamool Congress|
|Born||1 April 1960|
Birbhum, West Bengal, India
|Political party||All India Trinamool Congress|
Anubrato Mandol (1 April 1960) is an politics of India politician and the current president of the Birbhum district Trinamool Congress|All India Trinamool Congress& the Chairman of West Bengal State Rural Development Authority.
Mandol is one of the founders of the Trinamool Congress in Birbhum. His supporters and followers called him as Kesto Da. Earlier he was there in Indian National Congress and then he joined TMC in the hands of Mamata Banerjee.
He is a important figure in West Bengal elections, especially his area, Birbhum. Mandal has supported other Trinamool leaders in political campaigns for the 2014 Lok Sabha general elections and 2016 West Bengal State Assembly elections also. Mondal remains one of the party's leader Mamata Banerjee’s trusted aides.
In 2018, due to some past threats coming against him, Department of Home and Hill Affairs, Government of West Bengal has given Mondal to Security categories in India|Z category security cover .
Even he used to never participate in any elections, opposition parties alleged that Mondal, being an party's president in this district, usually controls the entire administration of that district. But he denied that allegation.
An incident happened when on December 2020, Union Minister of Home Affairs, Amit Shah, who was on a two-day tour to West Bengal earlier this month, had gone to Bolpur to visit Visva-Bharati University and lead a BJP rally there. In between, he had stopped at the folk singer’s place to have home-cooked food. But days after the Home Minister’s visit, that singer had complained that he was not allowed to speak to his guest and seek a job or opportunities for higher education for his daughter. Later Mondal talked to the singer and promised that her daughter would get job from government.
Every election season, he asked his supporters to offer “nakuldana” (a sugary ball usually served as prasad) and water to all.
His famous slogan Khela Hobe (means the game will start) has made a big impact in 2021 West Bengal Legislative Assembly election also all over people of Bengal are using this slogan.
- Rajan, S. Irudaya; M, Sumeetha (2019-11-01). Handbook of Internal Migration in India. SAGE Publishing India. ISBN 978-93-5328-562-3.
- "Meet Anubrata Mondal, Didi's Trusted 'Keshto' Who Gave Sleepless Nights to Babul Supriyo & SS Ahluwalia". www.news18.com. 2019-04-30. Retrieved 2021-03-29.
- "Anubrata Mondal at it again, declares candidate without confirmation from TMC". The Statesman. 2020-10-15. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- Anand, Ashok (2016-08-23). One vs All: Beware Mr. Prime Minister, It's India Impossible!. Notion Press. ISBN 978-0-9975577-6-3.
- "Department Details - Egiye Bangla". wb.gov.in. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- Singh, Shiv Sahay (2016-04-15). "The importance of being Anubrata Mondal". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2021-03-28.
- Pal, Sambit (2021). The Bengal Conundrum The Rise of the BJP and the Future of the TMC. London: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-93-89812-68-8. OCLC 1231609840.
- "Rise and rise of Kesto, TMC leader who speaks his mind, and gets away". The Indian Express. 2019-05-03. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- "Anubrata gets security boost". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2021-04-02.
- "Birbhum's strongman — Anubrata Mondal explains why he talks of bombs and candy". The Indian Express. 2016-04-15. Retrieved 2021-04-03.
- Desk, NH Web (2020-12-29). "Folk singer who hosted Amit Shah for lunch says wasn't allowed to talk to him; walks with Mamata at TMC rally". National Herald. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Baul singer, who hosted Amit Shah for lunch, participates in Mamata Banerjee's rally". The Statesman. 2020-12-29. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Folk singer who hosted Amit Shah for lunch says wasn't allowed to talk to him; walks with Mamata at TMC rally". The Outlooker. 2020-12-29. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "৭টায় বাংলা (১): কাঁকিনাড়ায় কুমড়ো হাতে নাচ মদন মিত্রের, মঙ্গলকোটে অনুব্রতর মঞ্চে 'খেলা হবে' গান | 7tay Bangla (1): Madan Mitra sings 'Kumro' song, 'Khela Hobe' slogan by Anubrata Mondal". ABP Ananda (in Bengali). Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- Singh, Shiv Sahay (2021-03-25). "West Bengal Assembly Elections | 'Khela hobe' to 'khela sesh' — it's season of slogans". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- "Bengal elections: How 'Khela hobe' has become a slogan for both TMC and BJP". The Indian Express. 2021-02-24. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "'৯টার পরই ভয়ঙ্কর Khela', ব্যাট হাতে হুঙ্কার Anubrata-র". Zee24Ghanta.com. 2021-02-24. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "Bengal elections: How 'Khela hobe' has become a slogan for both TMC and BJP". The Indian Express. 2021-02-24. Retrieved 2021-03-03.
- "DNA Explainer: Origin of the slogan 'Khela hobe' and how it became war cry in West Bengal Assembly election 2021". DNA India. 2021-03-23. Retrieved 2021-04-03.
- Ghose, Sagarika (2018). Why I Am a Liberal : A Manifesto for Indians Who Believe in Individual Freedom. Noida, Uttar Pradesh. ISBN 978-93-5305-354-3. OCLC 1077287548.
- "অনুূূ্ব্রতর পাশে ধর্না মঞ্চে মেয়ে সুকন্যাও, বীরভূমের রাজনীতিতে কি এবার নতুন মুখ". News18 Bengali (in Bengali). Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- সংবাদদাতা, নিজস্ব. "মারা গেলেন অনুব্রত মণ্ডলের স্ত্রী ছবি মণ্ডল". www.anandabazar.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
This article "Anubrato Mandol" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.