|Add a Photo|
Anna R. Haskins
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Known for||Known for studying the inter generational consequences of incarceration on children's educational outcomes and school engagement|
|Awards||William T. Grant Foundation Scholars Program Award (2019)|
Anna R. Haskins is an American sociologist and assistant professor in the Department of Sociology at Cornell University. She is affiliated with the Cornell Prison Education Program, the Cornell Population Center, and the Center for the Study of Inequality. Haskins is known for studying the intergenerational consequences of incarceration on children's educational outcomes and school engagement.
Haskins received her Bachelor of Education from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor in 2003 and completed her graduate degrees in Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She earned in Masters of Science in 2009 and her PhD in 2013. From 2013 to 2014 she was the Provost's Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Columbia University, where she was affiliated with the Columbia Population Research Center and the Fragile Families Working Group. She has worked as an assistant professor of sociology at Cornell University since 2014. In 2019 she was awarded a prestigious William T. Grant Foundation Scholars Program Award. 
In the media
- Haskins, A. R. (2014). Unintended Consequences: Effects of Paternal Incarceration on Child School Readiness and Later Special Education Placement. Sociological Science, 1, 141-158. DOI 10.15195/v1.a11
- Turney, K., & Haskins, A. R. (2014). Falling behind? Children's early grade retention after paternal incarceration. Sociology of Education, 86(4), 241-258. DOI 10.1177/0038040714547086
- Lind, Dara (April 24, 2014). "Boys with dads in prison are screwed by age 5". Vox.
- "Anna R. Haskins CV (June 2020)". cornell.app.box.com.
- Weinberg, Olivia (June 16, 2019). "Sociology Prof. Anna Haskins Awarded $350,000 to Research Educational Inequality". The Cornell Daily Sun.
- Anna Haskins on Twitter
- Anna R. Haskins | Department of Sociology Cornell Arts
- Anna R Haskins - Google Scholar
- Seminar: Anna Haskins - Cornell University
- Anna Haskins, from the Cornell... - Cornell Research | Facebook
- Anna R. Haskins's research works | Cornell University
- Sociology Prof. Anna Haskins Awarded $350,000 to Research educational-inequality
- Anna Haskins at Cornell University - RateMyProfessors.com
This article "Anna Haskins" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.