The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
Anise Boyer was a dancer and actress. She performed as a child and later had film roles including in Harlem Is Heaven. She was a dance partner of Al (Aland) Dixon who she married. The had international success performing as Alice and Aland.
As a 12-year old she gave a demonstration of the Charleston (dance) to Mayor Malcolm Nichols of Boston.
She began performing at the Cotton Club in 1928.
- Harlem Is Heaven as Jean Stratton
- Sweet n' Hot (1944), a musical revue
- Lewin, Yaël Tamar; Collins, Janet (September 13, 2011). "Night's Dancer: The Life of Janet Collins". Wesleyan University Press – via Google Books.
- "Photo shows eleven-year-old Anise Boyer, colored, champion..." Getty Images.
- Freeland, David (August 1, 2009). "Automats, Taxi Dances, and Vaudeville: Excavating Manhattan's Lost Places of Leisure". NYU Press – via Google Books.
- "Black Quotidian: February 7, 1944". Black Quotidian: Everyday History in African-American Newspapers.