|Add a Photo|
Anil Bhan is the Chairman Cardio-Vascular Surgery, Medanta The Medicity , NCR Delhi, India. Formerly he was Chief Cardiac Surgeon, Batra Hospital, New Delhi. He served as a Co-founder of Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket, New Delhi, Director and Chief Co-ordinator, Cardio thoracic and Vascular Surgery, MHVI, Saket. Additional Professor, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Early life and education
Dr. Anil Bhan did his schooling from C.M.S. Tyndale Biscoe School, Srinagar. He is awarded certificate of Honor as “Best All Round Boy” in school. Also awarded Certificate of Honor for Best Performance in Matriculation. Stood First in Kashmir Province. He is a graduated from Medical College Srinagar – Distinction holder in Pharmacology, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery and Gynae/Obst. He is recipient of Certificate of distinction for first rank in Pre – Medical Examination of University of Kashmir, received certificate of distinction for securing first position in order of merit in MBBS examination of University of Kashmir.
- Awarded “Silver Medal” at P.G.I. Chandigarh for first order performance in M.S.,General Surgery examination.
- Awarded life Time Achievement Award at the world Congress of clinical and Preventive Cardiology, 2006. Conferred by former President Of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in Rasthrapati Bhawan.
- Conferred the P K Sen Oration in 2009 by the Indian Association of Cardiovascular Surgery.
Achievements and contributions
- Part of the team that conducted the first successful Heart Transplantation in India under Professor Panangipalli Venugopal on 3rd August 1994.
- Conducted the youngest Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery for patient aged 20 months.
- Modified Circuit for Retrograde Central Perfusion- Asian Cardiovascular Thoracic Annals, 2003, March:11(1);85-86 (Aortic surgery program).
Break through cases
- 11-month-old Nigerian baby undergoes rare heart surgery.
- 3 Month Old Gets New Life After Heart Surgery - 12 May 2007
- Heart Bypass Surgery Done on 20 Month Old - 29 May 2009
- 20 Month Old Boy Undergoes Bypass
- Rare Heart Surgery Performed on Infant
- Indore creates record with 1st heart transplantation
- Total arterial revascularization in a child with familial homozygous hypercholesterolemia
In the media
- "Dr. Anil Bhan Chairman Medanta".
- "Conferred the P K Sen Oration in 2009 by the Indian Association of Cardiovascular Surgery".
- "Part of the team that conducted the first successful Heart Transplantation in India under Professor P. Venugopal".
- "20-month-old undergoes bypass surgery".
- "Retrograde cerebral perfusion". Europr PMC. 73(6):2038. 1 June 2002. doi:10.1016/s0003-4975(02)03441-0. PMID 12078831.
- "11-month-old Nigerian baby undergoes rare heart surgery". Hindustan Times. Hindustan Times. Sep 23, 2013.
- "3 Month Old Gets New Life After Heart Surgery". Times of India. May 12, 2007.
- "Heart bypass surgery done on 20-month-old". Hindustan Times. May 29, 2009.
- "20-month-old undergoes bypass surgery". Deccan Herald. 30 May 2009.
- "Rare heart surgery performed on infant". archive.org. The Tribune. 12 July 2005.
- "Indore creates record with 1st heart transplantation". Times of India. Mar 10, 2017.
- "Total arterial revascularization in a child with familial homozygous hypercholesterolemia". JTCVS. 129 (4): 932–934. 1 April 2005. doi:10.1016/j.jtcvs.2004.03.054.
- Dr. Anil Bhan, Sr Director Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon
- Dr. Anil Bhan MBBS, MS, MCh - Marlin Medical Assistance
- Dr. Anil Bhan the best cardiac surgeon at Medanta Hospital Gurgaon Delhi
- Dr. Anil Bhan, pediatric cardiac surgeon – View Profile
- Dr. Anil Bhan - Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon - Book
- Dr Anil Bhan, Cardiac Surgeon in Gurgaon,India | Vaidam.com
- Dr. Anil Bhan | The Healthcare Blog