Andriy Khvetkevych (Андрій Хветкевич, born March 8, 1983, in Dnipro, Ukraine) is a world-class freediver and record-holder. He started his training in Apnea and Free-diving in 2017 and got his first national record in 2018.
His first National Record for Ukraine set on July 30, 2018, on the Vertical Blue Competition with 71m   in CNF (Constant Weight No-Fins) discipline, certified by AIDA Judges. Andriy became First Individual Champion, competing for two different countries: Ukraine by AIDA and USA by CMAS. He has broken several free-diving national records, including Constant weight without fins (-71 meter, July 2018), Free Immersion (-95 meter, October 2019), Constant weight Bi-Fins (-97 meter , August 2019 CMAS National Record ), and Constant weight Bi-Fins (-80 meter, May 2019 AIDA National Record).
He studied Economic Cybernetics in the National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine, Intellectual Property in the State Institute of Intellectual Property of Ukraine (renamed to National University Odesa Law Academy in 2016 ), and he becomes a Patent Attorney of Ukraine, registered number 366.
He suffered an injury on October 30, 2019 surfacing from -95m , during a training in an attempt to break the national record in Constant Weight for Ukraine. He was diagnosed with Decompression Sickness and got treatment in Hyperbaric Chamber in Kuala Lumpur and the United States. He feels good at the moment, according to Divers Alert Network article.
|Competition Name||Date of Attempt||Discipline||Announced Depth||Performed Depth||Result||Points||Description|
|AIDA Depth World Championship 2019||2019/09/13||CWT||102 m||87 m||Yellow||71||no tag,rp|
|AIDA Depth World Championship 2019||2019/09/11||FIM||95 m||95 m||White||95||OK, National Record|
|AIDA Depth World Championship 2019||2019/09/09||CNF||69 m||61 m||Yellow||52||no tag,rp|
|AIDA Caribbean Cup 2019||2019/08/02||FIM||92 m||92 m||White||92||OK, National Record|
|Philippine Depth National Championship 2019||2019/05/19||FIM||80 m||80 m||White||80||OK|
|Philippine Depth National Championship 2019||2019/05/18||CWTB||80 m||80 m||White||80||OK, National Record|
|Xibalba 2019||2019/04/27||CNF||68 m||68 m||Red||0||dqbo,dqsp|
|Xibalba 2019||2019/04/25||CWT||77 m||77 m||White||77||OK|
|Xibalba 2019||2019/04/24||CWTB||75 m||75 m||White||75||OK, National Record|
|Molchanova Grand Prix||2018/09/21||CNF||70 m||62 m||Red||0||dqother, pull|
|Vertical Blue||2018/07/26||CNF||71 m||71 m||White||71||OK, National Record|
|Vertical Blue||2018/07/25||CNF||69 m||69 m||Red||0||dq pull|
|Vertical Blue||2018/07/22||CWT||70 m||70 m||White||70||OK|
|Vertical Blue||2018/07/21||CWT||70 m||67 m||Yellow||63||early|
|Vertical Blue||2018/07/17||FIM||70 m||70 m||White||70||OK|
|Vertical Blue||2018/07/16||CNF||66 m||66 m||White||66||OK, National Record|
|Red C cup (10th edition)||2018/05/31||CNF||61 m||61 m||White||61||OK|
|Red C cup (10th edition)||2018/05/30||CNF||56 m||56 m||White||56||OK|
In the media
- "Andriy Khvetkevych CNF 71m. No-Fins Dive | Ukrainian National Record at the Vertical Blue 2018 — YouTube"
- "Ukrainian Khvetkevych does 71 m free-dive, sets Ukraine-U.S. record (video)"
- "Breathhold Dive to 318 ft / 97 m — US National record by Andriy Khvetkevych! | CMAS WC, Roatan 2019 — YouTube"
- "CMAS 4th Freediving Outdoor World Championship, Roatan 2019 — YouTube"
- "Andriy's AIDA Records"
- "Andriy's CMAS Records"
- The State Institute of Intellectual Property of Ukraine was renamed to National University Odesa Law Academy
- Andriy's Decompression Sickness while Freediving — Article by Divers Alert Network
- Official Instagram Account
- Official Telegram Account
- Official YouTube Account
- Official Facebook Account
- Team America Earns Bronze Medal, Breaks Records and Ranks 7th Place Out of 30 Countries at 2019 World Freediving Championships
- Andriy's results of the Day1 in At 2019 Caribbean Cup — FIM 92m
- AIDA Depth Freediving World Championships 2019: Nataliia Zharkova & Andriy Khvetkevych
This article "Andriy Khvetkevych" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.