Andreas N. Angelakis
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
Andreas N. Angelakis
|Born||April 15, 1937|
Vachos, Iraklion, Crete
|Occupation||Civil Engineer of Water Resources|
Andreas N. Angelakis (April 15, 1937, Vachos, Iraklion, Crete) is a Greek Civil Engineer of Water Resources (University of California, Davis) and Agronomist (Agricultural University of Athens).
He completed his undergraduate studies and holds a degree in Agricultural Sciences from the Agricultural University of Athens (1962) and a B.S. (Bachelor of Sciences) in Civil Engineering from the University of California, Davis, USA (1976). He also completed postgraduate studies at the University of California, Riverside, USA, holding an M.S. (Master of Sciences) in Soil Science (1974) and at the University of California, Davis, USA, from where he received an M.S. in Water Resources (1977), and Ph.D. in Soil Physics (1981).
His research interests include technologies of wastewater treatment and reuse, small and decentralized water management systems, and water-related technologies in ancient civilizations.
In recent years he has collaborated with international Water Association (IWA). With a growing global awareness of the importance of long-term management of water resources and wastewater in ancient civilizations, He has co-organized and participated in more than 35 international conferences.
He has served as Agronomist at the Greek Ministry of Agriculture (1964-1967), Director at the Agricultural School of Messara, Crete (1967-1973), Water Resources Engineer at the Land and Water Improvement Services of the Ministry of Agriculture (1979-1980), and Water Resources Engineer at the National Agricultural Research Foundation (N.AG.RE.F.), Institute of Crete (1993-2008). He was also Adjunct Professor at the Technical University of Crete, Chania (1989-2008); Technical Consultant at the Hellenic Association of Municipal Water and Sewerage Enterprises (EDEYA, 1991-2018) and Technical Advisor of FAO on wastewater treatment and reuse (1996-2018). He also was an elected member of the Administrative Board of N.AG.RE.F. (1993-1997).
He was president of the European Federation of National Water and Wastewater Services Associations (EUREAU, 2008-2009) and member of its Administrative Board for 16 years (1993-2009). He was also Chairman of the EUREAU Working Group (WG) on Wastewater Reuse (2001-2007), member of the International Association on Water Pollution Research (IAWPR, 1980-1999) and the International Association for Quality (IAWQ) and member of the WG Board for Water Recycling and Reuse (1991-2005).
He has been a member of the International Water Association (IWA) since its foundation (2000). He was president of the IWA Specialist Group (SG) for Water in Ancient Cultures (WAC) (2005-2019). In October 2019, he was elected President of the new Joint IWA-IWHA (International Water History Association) SG of Water Resources in Ancient Civilizations (WAC). He was also member of the IWA Strategic Council (2016-2019).   
Publications, Books and more
There is no life without water; by studying ancient civilizations we explore ourselves and learn from the past.
A. N. Angelakis He has authored or co-authored more than 500 publications, including articles in high ranked international scientific journals, chapters in Greek, English and Chinese books, with more than 6,500 Google citations and an i10 index of 110. 
Participation in scientific events
He has been invited/participated in more than 200 scientific events with corresponding lectures in Greece and abroad. Finally, he is Editor and member of the editorial boards of many international organizations, especially the journals of IWA.
- "Angelakis, A. N., Kadir, T. N., and Rolston, D. E. (1981). Analytical solutions of equations describing the transient movement and transformations of insoluble, soluble and gaseous carbon in soil. Univ. of Calif., Davis, Calif., Public, No 1000, p.190". hdl.handle.net. hdl:2027/uc1.x32515. Retrieved 2021-08-19.
- "Andreas N. Angelakis @ IWA Connect". iwa-connect.org. Retrieved 2021-07-05.
- "IWA Network - People : Short Biography of Andreas N. Angelakis". IWA Network. Retrieved 2021-08-20.
- Angelakis, A. N., Mays, L. W., Koutsoyiannis, D., and Mamassis, N. (Eds.) (2012). Evolution of Water Supply Throughout Millennia. IWA Publishing, London, UK, pp., xxii, 560. iwapublishing.com. Retrieved 2021-08-19.
- Angelakis, A. N. and Rose, J., (Eds.) (2014). Evolution of Sanitation and Wastewater Management through the Centuries. IWA Publishing, London, UK, pp. xxx, 529. iwapublishing.com. Retrieved 2021-08-19.
- "Andreas N. Angelakis". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2021-07-03.
- Αγγελάκης, A. N. Τσομπάνογλου, Γ. (1995). Υγρά Απόβλητα: Φυσικά Συστήματα Επεξεργασίας, Ανακτηση και Επαναχρησιμοποίηση και Διαθεση των Εκροών. Πανεπιστημιακές Εκδόσεις Κρήτης, σελ.. vii, 464. www.cup.gr. Retrieved 2021-08-19.
This article "Andreas N. Angelakis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.