The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||August 22, 1993 (Age 27)|
|Occupation||Stage actress, singer, dancer, model|
Amber Nicole Ardolino (born August 22, 1993) is an American actress, singer and dancer. She has starred in several musicals on Broadway including Hamilton,Head Over Heels and Moulin Rouge!.
Early life and education
Amber grew up in the small town of Beaver Falls, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. She is the eldest daughter of Randy and Jodie Hamilton and has one sister, Haley.
She started dancing at the age of 3 and took voice lessons at the age of 13. She also took theater classes at Point Park University during high school.
She graduated from Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School in 2011 and attended Syracuse University for a year before she left to join the 2nd National Tour of West Side Story as Bebecita in 2012.
Ardolino was a semi-finalist for The Glee Project season 2.
On her freshman year at Syracuse University, she skipped class to audition for the West Side Story National Tour in which she got cast as Bebecita, one of the Shark Girls, and Anita's understudy. After touring for about a year, she then toured on the Norweigan Cruise Line doingLegally Blonde. She was next seen on Flashdance the national tour as a member of the ensemble as well as an understudy for the lead role, Alex.
After 3 years of touring different shows, she auditioned forRock of Ages in Las Vegas. It was later on that day when she found out she was cast as a swing and then moved on to take over the role of Sherrie.
While on a break after suffering a sprained ankle, Ardolino auditioned for the Chicago production of Hamilton the American Musical. After a month long of audition and callbacks, she was cast in the ensemble as Woman 1 and an understudy for the role of Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds. She got to open the show as a member of the original Chicago company on October 16, 2016 at the CIBC Theatre. She then learned all the female ensemble tracks and became a universal swing, which eventually got her transferred to New York and later made her Broadway debut on January 20, 2018.
While doing Hamilton in Chicago before her Broadway debut, her fellow cast mate who was leaving the show to do Head Over Heels taught her the audition combo, which they then filmed and sent in to the choreographer as her audition tape. Ardolino was on vacation when she found out she got hired off of the audition tape. It was the first show where she got to originate a track. After the show's out-of-town tryout which ran from April 10 to May 16, 2018 in San Francisco at the Curran Theatre rehearsals for the Broadway production started in New York. As she was rehearsing for Head Over Heels in the afternoon, she went and did Hamilton at night from the end of May through the end of June 2018. The show opened at the Hudson Theatre on July 26, 2018 and closed on January 6, 2019.
She has been seen modelling for E! news for New York Fashion Week in 2018.
Before Head Over Heels closed on Broadway, Ardolino did the developmental lab for Jagged Little Pill after their run in Boston and was then cast in the ensemble.
In April 2019, she provided vocals for the tracks "Big Spender" and "Mein Herr" on FX's Fosse/Verdon.
It was later announced that Ardolino was cast in Moulin Rouge! the Musical on Broadway, though having previously announced that she was going to be in Jagged Little Pill.  The show opened at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre on July 25, 2019. As a swing, she made her Broadway principal debut playing the lead role, Satine on December 3, 2019.
She was seen as a dancer in the Pilot episode of Katy Keene on CW which premiered on February 6, 2020.
A music video for End up Together, a song she was featured on alongside former cast mate Bonnie Milligan for Within Earshot: Anthems for the In-between was released on April 16, 2020, followed by the digital release of the concept album on April 21, 2020.
She has provided vocals for the upcoming movie In the In the Heights (2021).
|2012||West Side Story||Bebecita
|Norweigan Cruise Line|
|2015||Rock of Ages||Swing||The Venetian|
|Sherrie||Rio Hotel and Casino|
|2016-2018||Hamilton||Ensemble (Woman 1)
|Richard Rodgers Theatre|
|2018||Head Over Heels||Ensemble
u/s La Chocolat
|Al Hirschfeld Theatre|
|2012||The Glee Project||Semi finalist||Season 2|
|2018||E! news||Model||E! news segment|
|2019||Fosse/Verdon||Singer (vocals)||Vocals for "Big Spender" and "Mein Herr"|
|2020||Katy Keene||Dancer||Episode: "Pilot"|
In the media
- "Amber Ardolino". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-09-04.
- "/ccpa/". TribLIVE.com. Retrieved 2020-09-04.
- [email protected], Eric. "North Sewickley woman will dance in 'West Side Story' touring production". Ellwood City Ledger. Retrieved 2020-09-04.
- Desk, BWW News. "Artist Series Presents WEST SIDE STORY, 12/4-9". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- Desk, BWW News. "Full Cast Announced for 2014-15 FLASHDANCE National Tour; Kicks Off Next Month in Idaho". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "Resume – Amber Ardolino". 2018-08-23. Archived from the original on 2018-08-23. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "LP Alumna Joins Hamilton". Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School. 2018-01-12. Retrieved 2020-09-04.
- "Both Sides of the Casting Table". The Ensemblist. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "Kindness Goes A Long Way". The Ensemblist. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- Musbach, Julie. "They Got the Beat! Meet the Cast of HEAD OVER HEELS- Now in Previews!". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- reports, From staff and wire. "North Sewickley native part of Morissette show on Broadway". The Times. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "Person List". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-09-04.
- TV, BroadwayWorld. "BWW TV: Watch Bonnie Milligan and Amber Ardolino in Music Video for 'End Up Together'". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
This article "Amber Ardolino" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.