|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Available in||English, German, French|
|Country of origin||Essex England|
|Founder(s)||Sam & Andrew Hood|
AMARA dba AMARA Living Ltd, is a British award-winning online homeware store headquartered in Rayne, England selling furniture, home accessories, lighting, and related products from many major global brands. Founded in 2005 by Sam Hood and Andrew Hood as a boutique store, the brand has now turned into a major e-commerce luxury homeware company, best known for connecting its users with the world’s luxury home brands. As of 2020, AMARA sells products from more than 500 brands on its platform.
AMARA offers a wide collection of luxury homeware, sold online through its nine international websites. The company works with internationally renowned furniture designers and launches weekly collections of homeware.
The brand has garnered major media attention from Sunday Times and several other national publications. Apart from homeware collections, the company also operates an editorial section that features the latest news on furniture, up-to-date trends, and exclusive interviews from industry peers.
AMARA was founded in 2005 by Sam Hood and Andrew Hood as a small boutique store. Soon after opening, the company quickly gained in popularity. To expand its operation, an online portal AMARA.com was launched. From the beginning, the founders paid close attention to customer service which helped the company receive positive reviews for its services. AMARA was named Feefo’s Gold Trusted Merchants — with a customer review score of at least 95% satisfaction. They were subsequently awarded the Platinum Trusted Service Award by Feefo in 2020.
The company has expanded operations globally and launched nine international websites in local languages. Today, AMARA's product line consists of a wide range of designer furniture for use in offices, homes, and public spaces; including furniture, lighting and other homeware accessories.
AMARA also offers exclusive trade accounts for design professionals and businesses, across their extensive collection of brands.
Interior Blog Awards
The AMARA Interior Blog Awards is an awards ceremony for interior blogs in the industry and has been running for seven years. It is the biggest interior blog awards globally and celebrates the best interior bloggers, giving them further coverage.
From the beginning, AMARA has focused on building partnerships with more than 500 major brands including Cutipol, Jars, LSA International, Pols Potten, Roberto Cavalli, Tom Dixon, Versace Home and others.
- 2015: The Sunday Times SME Export Track 100 list
- 2016: The Sunday Times SME Export Track 100 list
- 2017: Ranked 45th on The Sunday Times’ 100 Best Small Companies to Work For list.
In the media
- "Ten award-winning interiors blogs to follow for design inspiration". Homes and Property. 2019-11-14. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Clipper Logistics Enters Five-Year Contract With Retailer Amara Living | Financial News". www.lse.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Business booms for Rayne company Amara as Sunday Times name them 11th top exporter". Braintree and Witham Times. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "International sales pass £3 million for Amara Living". www.thefurnishingreport.com. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- Chapman2015-11-16T16:43:00+00:00, Matthew. "Former House of Fraser exec Stefan Cassar joins Amara Living as chair". Retail Week. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Awards and accreditation". Eastern Daily Press. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "New e-commerce operations for Amara Living Limited, 3 Oct 2019 07:00 | Shares Magazine". www.sharesmagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Clipper Logistics in Leeds confirms preliminary takeover approach". www.yorkshirepost.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-07-03.