|Add a Photo|
|Title||Chief Executive Officer|
Amanda Brock is the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for OpenUK.
Early life and education
Brock is originally from Scotland and was educated at Morrison’s Academy from 1981-1987. Brock then went on to study at the University of Glasgow (1987-1991). From 1991-1992, Brock completed a degree in Master of Comparative Jurisprudence in New York University. Brock completed her education at Queen Mary University of London, where she achieved an LLM in IP, Internet and IT Law, from 1996-1998.
In 2019, Brock became the CEO of OpenUK, a non-profit organization centered around open source software, hardware and data. She is the Chair of the Open Source and Intellectual Property (IP) Advisory Group of the United Nations Technology Innovation Labs. She is also Managing Director of Jock Tamson Ltd. (2008-present), board advisor for SynergyMode (October 2019-present) and current Director of Trustable (November 2019-present). Brock is presently an Advisory Council Member for OASIS, an Open Projects Advisory Council (since March 2019) and sits on the Advisory Board for KDE since June 2020. She has been a European Representative for the Open Invention Network since 2013, defending open source software.
Brock was the Founder and Creative Director for the Scottish Cultural Festival in London, September 2006. She is currently the Founder and Managing Director for Caledoniart, specialising in Scottish contemporary art, founded in February 2006.
Amanda Brock in the media
- "Women in Digital: Amanda Brock". THINK Digital Partners. 2020-12-14. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "OpenUK Board |". Retrieved 2021-01-04.
- "Interview with Amanda BrockCANCELLED United Nations Technology and Innovation Labs. Open Source isn't just eating the world, it's changing it". archive.fosdem.org. Retrieved 2021-01-18.
- "The future of innovation is collaboration — Tech Leaders Summit 2019". Information Age. 2019-11-05. Retrieved 2021-01-20.
- "JOCK TAMSON LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
- "Open Projects Advisory Council". OASIS Open. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
- "Amanda Brock | CEO, OpenUK". WeAreTechWomen - Supporting Women in Technology. Retrieved 2021-01-04.
- "How open source can live up to its name in a post-Brexit world". Information Age. 2019-12-10. Retrieved 2021-01-18.
- "CALEDONIART LIMITED - Officers (free information from Companies House)". find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
This article "Amanda Brock" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.