|Birth name||Robert Arturo Mejia Santos|
|Born||October 28, 1993|
San Pedro De Macoris Dominican Republic
|Years active||2018 - present|
|Add a Photo|
Robert Arturo Mejia Santos, (born October 28th, 1993), known professionally as Altur Santos, is a Dominican singer, songwriter, dancehall/reggae artist. Santos is best known for his songs that are inspired by his Dominican Heritage, such as La Combi, Solita, Baby Love, Amor Criminal, and others.
Santos is regarded as one of the genre's most prolific Dominican artists. Santos has gained much popularity in the country and has even sparked numerous dance videos on multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, and YouTube. Santos’s music is available on his website as well as on all the music streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, Discogs, and YouTube. He has been featured in several media outlets such as Vents Magazine, The American Reporter, London TV, Seekers Time, and others.
Early life and education
Santos was born in San Pedro De Macoris to Ana Gil Cesarina Rivas and Santiago Rodriguez. He grew up with three younger brothers who are also musicians. Santos learned to play saxophone when he was 11 years old and began singing and recording music by the age of 15.
While growing up, Santos was inspired by his mother, Ana Gil, who was also a professional trumpet player. Santos’s mother played with many talented Bands in the Dominican Republic. When Santos was 21 years old, his mother died tragically due to a medical condition leaving him and his 3 younger brothers to grow and use their musical talents to make ends meet.
In order to make ends meet, Santos moved to NorthAmerica in pursuit of better job opportunities to financially support his family back home. From an early age, Santos was passionate about the Latin urban genre and composed his own music, along with assisting many other artists with their musical pursuits in writing and composing their music.
Santos began his career when he was 15 years old, performing at several places in his hometown. Within five years he became a highly sought-after music artist in the Dominican Republic, known for his musical talents. During this period, he was also known by his stage name Robert Sax, derived from his extraordinary talent of playing a saxophone.
In 2019, Santos independently released his debut single, Amore Criminal. The song became highly acclaimed, gaining recognition for its diverse music style imbibing pop music & regulation. He is known for composing positive and uplifting music that encourages people to work toward their dreams.
Santos specializes in Latin Reggaeton and Urbano music genres. He also incorporates elements of pop and trap. Santos considers Justin Quiles, Mozart Lapara, Faruko, J Balvin, Ozuna, and Maluma as his influences.
- 2021- La Combi
- 2020- Solita
- 2020- Baby Love
- 2020- Amor Criminal
- 2020- Me Dejaste Envuelto
In the media
- "Dominican Artist, Altur Santos, has Perfectly Embedded the Element of Romance in his New Single, "La Combi"". Seekers Time. 16 February 2021. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- "Reggaeton Artist Altur Santos' New Track "La Combi" Reflects his Love for the Latin Music". BO Herald. 16 February 2021. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- "Altur Santos". Spotify. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- "Altur Santos on Apple Music". Apple Music. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- "Altur Santos, Dominican Artist Releases New Track". Vents Magazine. 14 February 2021. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- "Dominican Reggaeton Singer/Songwriter Altur Santos releases debut Single "Baby Love"". London TV. 17 February 2020. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- Munoz, Alfred. "Get To Know Altur Santos, Rising Reggaeton Urbano Talent, And Singer - Muzique Magazine". muziquemagazine.com. Retrieved 18 February 2021.