|Add a Photo|
|Born||October 27, 1961|
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
|Citizenship||United States of America/United Kingdom|
|Title||Board Director RBS, Fiserv, Diamond Foods, Unisys, Ooma, Advisor Fifth Era & Keiretsu Capital, Chairman Blockchain Capital Partners|
|Spouse(s)||Matthew Le Merle|
Alison Davis (born October 27, 1961) is a board director, investor and advisor. Davis is a board director at public companies including Royal Bank of Scotland Fiserv Diamond Foods Unisys, and Ooma. She was formerly a board director of public companies First Data, City National Bank (California) LECG, Gamefly, and Xoom Corporation. She is an active angel investor and Chairman of the Advisory Board of Blockchain Capital Partners.
She is an advisor at Fifth Era and to Keiretsu Capital. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.  . 
Early life and education
Davis was born in Sheffield, UK, the daughter of Jack Davis, a mining industry executive, and Joyce Davis an actress and singer. Her family moved to South Africa in 1963 and after five years returned to Kingston upon Hull,Yorkshire where Davis attended secondary school at Wolfreton School in Yorkshire. She was a frequent singer and guitar player in local pubs. Intending to become an Economist, Davis took Economics at Selwyn College, Cambridge. At Cambridge, she acted in university plays, founded Enquiring Minds and was an officer of the Cambridge University Industrial Society and AIESEC. While at Cambridge, she launched a furniture business making hat stands but this was not successful. Davis interned at PA Consulting in Cambridge, UK and was accepted, but did not join the UK Foreign Office.
After graduating from Cambridge, Davis joined McKinsey & Company the management consultancy in their London office. The firm sponsored her to attend business school, and she was accepted into Harvard Business School and Stanford Graduate School of Business. She decided to attend Harvard and entered as part of the class of 1986, receiving first year honors in 1987. On her marriage to superangel Matthew Le Merle in 1987, Davis transferred to Stanford Graduate School of Business where she graduated with her M.B.A in 1988. On graduation, she returned to McKinsey in their New York office where she focused on financial institution clients. in 1993, Davis was one of a number of McKinsey & Company consultants who joined AT Kearney to form a global financial institutions group. in 1994 half of this group spun off to form Mitchell Madison Group, however Davis remained as a partner at AT Kearney, and transferred to the firm's San Francisco office where she eventually became West Coast Practice leader and a member of the firm's North American leadership team. Davis left AT Kearney in 2000. In 2000 Davis was appointed CFO and head of strategy at Barclays Global Investors. She worked with CEO Patricia C. Dunn on the rapid growth of BGI into the leader in Exchange-traded funds, and was a management team member at the time of the launch of iShares. After leaving BGI in 2003, Davis became Managing Partner of Belvedere Capital Partners which was a private equity firm and bank holding company that was able to buy 100% positions in US banks as well as launch de novo banks.
Davis currently sits on the boards of directors of Fiserv, Royal Bank of Scotland, Diamond Foods, Unisys and Ooma. Previously she was a director of First Data, LECG, City National Bank (California), Gamefly and Xoom Corporation.
Davis is also a judge for the CFO of the year awards annually awarded in the San Francisco Bay Area. Davis has been a Board Director or Gala Chair for the Red Cross of the Bay Area, and for the American Heart Association.
Women in business
Davis sits on the non-profit board of Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, a non profit focused on women owned businesses, and was formerly the Chairwoman of The Women's Initiative for Self Employment. Davis frequently speaks on issues surrounding women in business and the difference between male and female leadership models. Davis has been a leader of the National Conversation on Board Diversity which seeks for women to hold more than 20% of the directorship positions in US public companies before 2020.
She is also a mentor to women in leadership roles in business.
Davis has been ranked one of the "Most Influential Women in Business" by the San Francisco Business Times in each of 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
In 2012 she was given the honor "Forever Influential."
Davis is married to Matthew Le Merle and lives in Tiburon, California with her five children.
In the media
- ↑ "The business on...Alison Davis, Director, Royal Bank of Scotland | Business Analysis & Features | News". The Independent. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "PR: Fiserv adds Alison Davis to board". Finextra. 2014-11-19. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Diamond Foods director Alison Davis discusses her 'due diligence' in joining a board". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Unisys Elects Alison Davis to Board of Directors". Unisys.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "OOMA Alison Davis Insider Trades for Ooma Inc". Marketwatch.com. 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "First Data Names Alison Davis, CFO of Barclays Global Investors, To Its Board... - re> DENVER, March 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/". Prnewswire.com. 2002-03-07. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "City National Bank names Alison Davis to board". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Alison Davis elected chairman of LECG". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "GameFly Inc (GFLY.OQ) People". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Summary of XOOM CORP - Yahoo! Finance". Biz.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Blockchain Capital Announces First Closing of $7 Million, Rebrands From Crypto Currency Partners". Reuters. 2015-06-23. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Another Door Opens" (PDF). Presidiobank.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/bizwomen/news/out-of-the-office/2015/11/the-sneak-attack-that-could-change-the-sad-stats.html
- ↑ https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/31711/11-p124-women-on-boards-6-month-monitoring-october-2011.pdf
- ↑ http://www.mishcongraduates.com/helen-croft-what-will-be-the-most-effective-ways-to-ensure-we-meet-the-30-women-on-boards-target-set-by-lord-abersoch/
- ↑ http://www.theguardian.com/women-in-leadership/2015/nov/23/why-we-need-quotas-for-women-on-boards
- ↑ http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/dinamic-content/media/Research/Research%20Centres/CICWL/FTSEReport2013.pdf
- ↑ https://motherincorporatelaw.wordpress.com/tag/alison-davis/
- ↑ "Belvedere Capital and Belvedere SoCal Complete Acquisition of Professional Business Bank". Business Wire. 2007-11-26. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Nominate - CFO Awards CFO Awards". Cfoawards.org. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "American Red Cross : 2011 Annual Report" (PDF). Redcross.org. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Leadership". Ahasanfrancisco.ejoinme.org. 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Our Board - Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center". Rencenter.org. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Alison Davis uses her influence to help lead Women's Initiative". Thewesternedition.com. 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Alison Davis, Chairman LECG". YouTube. 2011-03-19. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Alison Davis, CEO Fifth Era Financial". YouTube. 2012-03-06. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "The National Conversation on Board Diversity | 2020 Women on Boards". 2020wob.com. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Meet Your Mentor : Alison Davis". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Most influential Bay Area women 2012 honorees". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Women of the Board: Meet 10 Bay Area Ladies With Seats at the Power Table". 7x7. 2015-06-02. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- Alison Davis on linkedin
- AlisonDavis — FIFTH ERA
- Alison Davis | Board of Directors | Fiserv, Inc.
- Alison Davis - Co-Founder @ Fifth Era - Crunchbase
- Alison Davis's Articles | Inc.com
- Alison Davis Appointed to SVB's Board of Directors
- About Alison Davis - Amazon.com
- Alison Davis | AngelList
This article "Alison Davis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.
- 1961 births
- 21st-century American businesspeople
- American computer businesspeople
- American corporate directors
- American investors
- Living people
- Alumni of the University of Cambridge
- Women corporate directors
- Women in technology
- Women investors
- Stanford Graduate School of Business alumni
- McKinsey & Company people
- People from Marin County, California
- Private equity and venture capital investors
- American businesspeople
- Angel investors
- Silicon Valley people
- People from San Francisco, California
- British venture capitalists