|Born||November 18, 1975|
|Alma mater||National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute|
Alexander Pinskiy (Russian: Александр Савельевич Пинский; born November 18, 1975) is an information technologist, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the The Industry Association MARINET, Chairman of the Board of trustees of the Foundation of the National Technology Initiative, Director of a-Navigation Promotion Center MARINET RUT, leader of Autonomous and Remote Navigation Trial Project firstly opened wide usage of maritime autonomous merchant ships.
In 1999, Pinskiy graduated from the National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”. His career in information technologies started as early as 1998 when he was working in several Startup company.
In 2004, Pinskiy joined Kvazar-Micro (later Sitronics IT), where he has gone from a Project Manager to Director on Processes and Management Systems Development of Sitronics, one of the largest Eastern European IT companies at that time. As a part of the Sitronics management team, Pinskiy participated in IPO made on LSE in 2006, that IPO was recognized as one of the most successful in the Russian IT industry.
In 2008, he joined Telenor Group, the world’s top telco company, in the position of CIO at Kyivstar. Next year Pinskiy was awarded as Best CIO 2009 in Transport and Communication at the national rating provided by Computer Review magazine.
From 2010 till 2014, Pinskiy worked as Business Development Manager for Russia in Teradata Corp., one of the global leaders in Big Data and data warehousing.
In 2015, he joined Transas Marine, the world’s leading company in Electronic Chart Display and Information System and simulators, operating as CMO and deputy CEO. From 2016 - Vice President of Industrial Investors Group, the owner of Transas Marine. After the acquisition of Transas by Wärtsilä in 2018 left both companies and continued his career in the Industry Association MARINET – an Association of Russian technology companies, scientific centers, universities, shipping and energy companies, and government agencies working in the area of high technologies.
Since 2015, he coordinates MARINET Working Group of the National Technology Initiative, a long-term program designated by Russian President Vladimir Putin as a priority for State policy in his Address to the Federal Assembly in December 2014. In 2019, Alexander Pinskiy was elected as a Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation to support the National Technology Initiative (Foundation of the National Technology Initiative).
From 2020 - Development Manager in Steor, a Russian company developing e-Navigation solutions and eco-system
In 2021, as the leader of Autonomous and Remote Navigation Trial Project firstly opened wide usage of autonomous navigation of merchant ships, he was appointed as Director of a-Navigation Promotion Center MARINET RUT established in pursuance of the order of the President of Russia by the Minister of Transport of Russian Federation.
Maritime Robotics and Autonomous Navigation
In November 2015, Pinskiy joined a newly established MARINET group within the National Technology Initiative as a group coordinator. The group focuses on accelerating projects and legislation improvement in high maritime technologies such as E-Navigation, marine robotics, ocean resources development, and innovative shipbuilding. In 2016-2018, MARINET supported more than 70 projects, including 9 in marine robotics.
In 2018, Alexander Pinskiy became the leader of “The World Ocean and Arctic Development” track organized by MARINET within the Big Challenge Program of Sirius, the national education center for gifted children. In 2018-2019, young scientists in cooperation with technology companies and universities developed such practical engineering projects as Unmanned vehicle for hydroacoustic researches, Autonomous vessel control using AR, Underwater manipulator for ROV with remote control using hand gestures and other.
In 2019, Industry Association MARINET, in cooperation with Nevelskoy Maritime University, Far Eastern Federal University, and Robotics Development Center (Vladivostok), launched the Marine Robotics Engineering Contest in favor of students and young engineers.At the end of 2018, Alexander Pinskiy initiated and announced the Autonomous and Remote Navigation Trail Project (ARNTP, a-Navigation Trial Project) as the largest and the most ambitious project in a-Navigation worldwide . ARNTP develops a comprehensive set of technical solutions and legislation changes for autonomous navigation and involves several major Russian shipping companies (Rosmorport, Sovcomflot, and Pola Group) for extensive trials of autonomous navigation in real commercial operation conditions. The declared project aim is to open wide autonomous navigation for merchant vessels under the State Flag of Russia from 2021 and for any other countries following an a-Navigation approach.
- TAdviser Person. TAdviser.
- SITRONICS IPO on the LSE https://sistema.com/about/history/2007
- Best CIO 2009 https://ko.com.ua/best_cio_2009_transport_i_kommunikacii_bolee_500_kompyuterov_46829
- Transas Marine https://www.wartsila.com/transas
- Transas https://www.naval-technology.com/contractors/software/transas/
- Wärtsilä to acquire marine navigation company Transas for €210m https://www.ship-technology.com/news/wartsila-acquire-marine-navigation-company-transas-e210m/
- MARINET https://marinet.org/
- NTI https://nti.one/
- Foundation of the National Technology Initiative https://www.rvc.ru/en/eco/development_nti/
- Steor https://steor.tech/company.html
- "Пинский Александр Савельевич | РУТ (МИИТ)".
- Federal Agency for State Property Management https://mp.rosim.ru/
- "MariNet:from projects support to companies acceleration" https://ntinews.ru/news/khronika-rynkov-nti/marinet/marinet-podderzhka-proektov-kompaniy.html
- Sirius: World Ocean and Arctic Development https://sochisirius.ru/obuchenie/project/smena629/3074
- The Marine Robotics Engineering Contest https://kruzhok.org/iniciativy/post/robototehnika
- Autonomous and remote navigation trial project (ARNTP) https://marinet.org/autonomous-and-remote-navigation-trial-project-arntp/
- Building a future with autonomous shipping https://splash247.com/building-a-future-with-autonomous-shipping/
This article "Alexander Pinskiy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.