Alexander 'Lexx' Ore
|Add a Photo|
|Known for||choreography, Afro-beat dance style|
|The Dance Music Project (TDMP); Ubuntu, Coming To America|
Alexander Olukayode Ore (aka Lexx) is a New York based Nigerian-American filmmaker, dancer, choreographer, social entrepreneur as well as a comic writer and author of a comedic story: Ubuntu, Coming To America.
Ore is the founder and Executive Director of the Lexxistalking Entertainment Film Studio, which he says was established to empower and showcase talented young African dancers in the global stage. He created the first Afro-beat dance movie called 'The Dance Music Project' (TDMP), which he also uses to raise awareness about Diabetes disease as the number one killer disease for Africans, more than HIV/AIDS or any other ailment.
Ore's TDMP movie featured some of the Nigeria's Nollywood top choreographers and A-list celebrities in the music and film industry, which include: the lead dancer for TDMP and chief choreographer for P-Square - Nonso Asobe Cajetan (aka DonFlexx); the CEO Dancers - Ezinne Asinugo and Soliat Bada; Afropop star -Bilal 'JoelsChild' Umar; Chris Okagbue; Liz Anjorin; Obi Michael Odo; Eniola Agboluaja; Westsyde Lifestyle; as well as Denrele Edun; Toolz; Banky W and DJ Obi.
Ore's TDMP production was almost self-funded as he was unsuccessful finding necessary funding support to cover the production cost of his first Afro-beat dance movie. His attempt to raise money through a crowdfunding campaign at Indiegogo.com received poor responses and raised only €6,215 out of the €70,576 that was targeted.
Ore's career journey includes writing comics and acting comedy dramas as well as professionally dancing and choreographing for some of the famous pop-stars in the music industry. He was a back-up dancer for Ashanti (singer) and has been a personal choreographer for popstar Banky W, and also has opened shows for artists like Lil' Kim, Sean Paul and Juelz Santana.
Ore is married to Lilian Ajayi and the couple have a son named Alexander Emmanuel.
- "Alexander 'Lexx' Ore, from Publisher, Author of Ubuntu Coming to America, Comedian, Rapper to Founder of LexxIsTalking Entertainment". Africa Music Law. Retrieved June 7, 2020.
- "Speakers Bank - Alexander Ore". Nigerian Networking Community. Retrieved June 5, 2020.
- Williams, Denise (September 5, 2016). "Lexx Is Talking, Its Time to Listen: Africa's 1st "Afrobeats" Dance Movie". huffpost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved June 6, 2020.
- "Why I Made Africa's First Afrobeat Motion Picture, TDMP". Nigerian Tribune. Retrieved June 6, 2020.
- "The Dance Movie Project". Indiegogo. Retrieved June 5, 2020.
This article "Alexander Ore" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.