|Born||November 28, 1989|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
Alex Schmider (born November 28, 1989) is a notable transgender media spokesman and an American producer known for his feature documentary films Disclosure (2020), which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Netflix as an Original Documentary, and Changing the Game (2019), which premiered at Tribeca Film Festival and won Audience Awards across the country including prominent LGBTQ film festivals Outfest and Frameline.
Schmider has worked at GLAAD, the nation's leading LGBTQ media advocacy organization, as the Associate Director for Transgender Representation since 2016 where he consults and advises the entertainment industry on best practices for transgender characters, casting, narrative arcs, and storytelling in news media. He is cited as one of the experts enlisted to help the global dating app Tinder on launching its most significant update to address gender inclusivity, as well as recognized as one of the authors of Getty Images contributor guidelines aimed at enhancing commercial imagery for transgender and non-binary people in editorial and advertising.
In 2017, Schmider was recognized as one of Forbes 30 Under 30 for his work in media.
- "Alex Schmider". IMDb. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- "This Documentary Treats Its Trans Teens As Subjects, Not Objects". www.out.com. 2019-07-29. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- "Audience Award Winners". www.frameline.org. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- "Advocate pushes for greater transgender visibility in media". NBC News. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- "Tinder Launches Transgender-Inclusive Update, Allowing Users to Select Personalized Gender Identity". The Hollywood Reporter. 2016-11-15. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- Weissbrot, Alison; Campaign. "Getty Images teams up with GLAAD to enhance transgender representation". www.prweek.com. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- "Alex Schmider". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
This article "Alex Schmider" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.