Alex Riley (entrepreneur)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||March 28, 1988|
Columbia, Maryland, US
|Education||University of Michigan|
Alex F Riley; born March 28, 1988) is a Cuban-American entrepreneur, and the co-founder of TK Fund, a real estate private equity firm.
Riley was born in Columbia, Maryland in 1988 and attended Pioneer High School in the early 2000s. He later graduated from the University of Michigan Operations Engineering Michigan Engineering with degrees in Industrial and Operations Engineering and Mathematical Economics. At Michigan Riley was President of the Zeta Psi fraternity.
Riley spent his college summers working for a friend’s construction company remodeling homes in Detroit, Michigan. Riley found difficulty securing qualified workers for these projects. During his senior year at Michigan, Riley founded MeritHall_Inc, a staffing agency for construction, landscaping, and other light industrial sectors. Later Riley co-founded, Detroit Training Center, a vocational school focused on getting Detroit residents on Detroit construction projects.
In late 2019, Riley and a college friend launched TK Fund, a real estate private equity firm. TK Fund’s first project is the redevelopment of a 40,000 square foot industrial building in Detroit's Corktown,_Detroit.
Riley was named to INC s "30 Under 30" list in 2018, recognized as "Young Entrepreneur of the Year" by the Michigan Small Business Administration in 2015, and has been included in various other lists including Crain's "Twenty In Their 20s", DBusiness' "30 In Their 30s" .
Riley married Sarah Barjum in Roatán, Honduras in 2015.
- "How an unlikely trio in Detroit grew into the 4th fastest-growing inner city business in the country". icic.org. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "Meet the guys staffing Detroit's small but important development projects". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "How Two Fraternity Brothers Are Putting Detroit Back to Work". inc.com. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "SBA's 2015 Michigan Small Business Awards Are Announced!". sba.gov. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "Alex Riley, 25". crainsdetroit.com. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "30 in Their Thirties 2020". dbusiness.com. Retrieved December 22, 2020.