|Add a Photo|
|Born||October 18, 1987|
|Alma mater||Ellesmere College|
|Organization||Net World Sports|
Alex Lovén (born 18 October 1987) is a British e-commerce entrepreneur who is the founder and owner of Net World Sports, an online sports retailer based in Wrexham, Wales.
Lovén grew up Oswestry, England. He attended Ellesmere College in Shropshire and it was there that he first sold sports equipment. Having purchased a cricket bat on eBay for £60, he emailed the bat manufacturers directly to find out how much they cost to make. After agreeing to buy 10 bats at £6 per bat he sold them to friends for a profit.
After leaving Ellesmere Lovén continued into higher education at college. Whilst at college he also worked part-time at a builder’s merchants and he began to skip college as his boss offered him double-time to fill in when they were short-staffed. He eventually dropped out of college and began working at a builder’s merchants 7 days a week. Within a year the 17-year-old had saved £13,000 which he spent on a container of sports equipment with a view to selling it.
Net world sports
Lovén officially launched Net World Sports in 2009 with the business becoming a limited company. During this time, he and his dad worked 24-hour day’s sending out customer orders from their family home.
In 2010 the business moved from the family home to a new 11,000ft square foot site in Kinnerley, Shropshire. That same year sales exceeded £1,000,000 for the first time.
In 2013 Lovén first launched a range of football goals under the brand FORZA which he created. More than 100,000 of these football goals are now sold each year.
In 2014 the business moved premises once again, this time to Wrexham Industrial Estate which is their current base. The new 120,000 square foot headquarters purchased is still home to the business although in 2020 Lovén purchased a 400,000 square foot ft site near to the businesses current base which will be the new long-term base for the company once it has been developed.
In 2018 the business won awards including ‘Lloyds Bank Small to Medium Sized Business of the Year’, ‘Business Exporter of the Year’ at the FSB Wales Celebrating Small Business Awards 2018 and the ‘Fastest-Growing Company of the Year in Europe’ at the Stevie International Business Awards.
Personal awards & accolades
In 2018 at 30 years old Lovén was ranked as the UK’s wealthiest young entrepreneur according to The Sunday Times Rich List, amassing a fortune of £55million. In 2019 Lovén was shortlisted for the title of ‘The Inflexion Entrepreneur of the Year’ at the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards. He has also been previously shortlisted for the 'Scale-Up Entrepreneur of the Year' award at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
Alex Lovén in the media
- Hudspith, Jaymelouise (November 19, 2019). "The richest people in North Wales that you may not have heard of". North Wales Live.
- Mills, Kelly-Ann (May 11, 2018). "Meet Britain's wealthiest young entrepreneur who made £55m fortune". mirror.
- Knapman, Joshua (October 26, 2018). "The 31-year-old who's already one of the richest men in Wales". WalesOnline.
- "My money... Alex Lovén". Metro Newspaper UK. April 17, 2018.
- Williams-Grut, Oscar. "RANKED: Britain's millionaire entrepreneurs under the age of 30". Business Insider.
- Hughes, Owen (June 19, 2019). "Sports gear entrepreneur went from business in a shed to multi-millionaire status". Business Live.
- Hughes, Owen (January 1, 2020). "Super six firms that went from zero to jobs heroes over the last decade". North Wales Live.
- "Sports equipment firm has bigger plans at new site". Border Counties Advertizer.
- "Net World Sports wins Lloyds Bank National Business Award". Border Counties Advertizer.
- "Net World Sports honoured at retail Oscars". Border Counties Advertizer.
- "Company / Organization Awards Winners | Stevie Awards". stevieawards.com.
- "Alex Lovén, Net World Sports". The Great British Entrepreneur Awards & Community.