|Add a Photo|
|Born||June 16, 1980|
|Known for||Co-founder of Polygon Treehouse|
Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou (born 1980) is the Co-Founder and Creative Director of Polygon Treehouse an award-winning independent video games studio and creators of The Game Awards 2020 nominated title Röki.
Röki and polygon treehouse
Alex is one of the founders of Polygon Treehouse the creators of the award-winning indie adventure game Röki. He founded the studio with Tom Jones in 2017 after the closure of Guerrilla Cambridge.
Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou has been a speaker and taken part in panels discussing video game development at several industry events:-
- BAFTA Guru - 'My First Game' Panel 
- EGX (expo) Digital/ PAX (event) Online 2020 - 'Digital Storytellers' Panel 
- EGX] (expo) Digital/ PAX (event) Online 2020 - 'Röki - Holistic Storytelling' Talk 
Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou has been interviewed a number of times about the creative process and development of Röki:-
- GamesRadar+ Interview
- Well Played Interview
- Twinfinite Interview 
- Escapist-Only Single Player Interview 
- Tech Raptor Interview 
- Wireframe Magazine Interview 
- Start Menu Interview 
- Play Diaries Interview
Prior to co-founding Polygon Treehouse Alex worked for over 14 years at PlayStation, as part of the SCE Cambridge Studio and later Guerrilla Cambridge studio. His work included the following released PlayStation titles:-
- Ghosthunter (video game))
- 24: The Game
- Killzone 2
- Killzone: Mercenary
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
During his time at Guerrilla Cambridge Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou represented the studio at industry events such as PlayStation Experience, was featured in PlayStation promotional featurettes and was featured on the official PlayStation blog.
- Awards, The Game. "Best Debut Game | Nominees | The Game Awards". Best Debut Game | Nominees | The Game Awards.
- "DevGAMM Awards Winners".
- "Guerrilla Cambridge art directors form Polygon Treehouse". GamesIndustry.biz.
- "Sony closes Guerrilla Cambridge video games studio". January 12, 2017 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Your First Game | Guru Live". guru.bafta.org.
- "LNC2020". LudoNarraCon.
- "Digital Storytellers | EGX 1". PAX Online x EGX Digital.
- "Röki - Holistic Storytelling | EGX 1". PAX Online x EGX Digital.
- July 2020, Heather Wald 07. "Big in 2020: Röki explores the real and the fantastical with misunderstood monsters inspired by Scandinavian folklore". gamesradar.
- "Röki Is A Dark Fairy Tale About Family, Loss And A Misunderstood Monster". June 16, 2020.
- "Roki Is a Delightful Slice of Scandinavian Folklore (Interview)". Twinfinite. November 19, 2019.
- "Bringing a Modern Day Fairy Tale to Life in Röki — An Interview with Polygon Treehouse - OnlySP". November 28, 2019.
- "Röki Champions Folklore in Storytelling". TechRaptor.
- "Polygon Treehouse and making the jump to indie". Wireframe magazine.
- "Preview | How The Moomins and Finnish Folklore Inspired Röki". startmenu.
- "Finding empathy in Roki". March 2, 2020.
- "Ghosthunter (2003) PlayStation 2 credits". MobyGames.
- "24: The Game (2006) PlayStation 2 credits". MobyGames.
- "Killzone 2 (2009) PlayStation 3 credits". MobyGames.
- "Killzone: Mercenary (2013) PS Vita credits". MobyGames.
- "RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (2016) PlayStation 4 credits". MobyGames.
- "What It's Like to Play RIGS Mechanized Combat League". January 14, 2016.
This article "Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.