The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Also known as|
|Born||May 19, 1975|
|Add a Photo|
|Alma mater||Metropolia University of Applied Sciences|
Aleksi Myllykoski (born 1975 in Pori) is a Finnish music artist, disc jockey, sound designer and cultural producer residing in Helsinki.
The doom/dark/noir jazz production of Myllykoski’s music holds a wide variation of influences from drone, ambient, trip hop and dub techno all the way to jungle and experimental electronic music. Stylistically it is described on his website as melancholic, minimalistic and deeply spirited.
Myllykoski has released two albums and an EP. The most recent piece of work is the Dark Days album. It will be issued on 12 June, 2020 by the novel record label Signature Dark, which Myllykoski founded for cinematic, dark and melancholic music. The album was made together with saxophonist and clarinetist Tapani Rinne, who is best known for his work for Finnish electro jazz group RinneRadio. It is distributed by Rockadillo Records, an established record company representing numerous legendary Finnish rock, jazz, folk and alternative artists.
Finnish label Rapu Records released his debut album Cold Rock under artistic alias Inverse Ensemble in 2018. It was based on the soundtrack Myllykoski composed for similarly named documentary film, which he co-produced in 2015. The EP release Heimo, also drawing from the same film soundtrack, was issued by another Finnish label Kontact Records in 2018. The music of Myllykoski can also be heard on compilations, such as Emotional Listening Pt. 1, which showcases Finnish ambient and experimental music and was released by Vienosounds label in 2019.
Besides his personal live performances, Myllykoski has been occasionally filling in for Konsta “DJ Muffler” Mikkonen in RinneRadio during the recent years. He has performed with them both in Finland and abroad. 
- Dark Days (2020)
- Cold Rock (2015)
- Heimo (2018)
Disc jockey career
Myllykoski has worked as a professional disc jockey since 1996 using the alias DJ A. Myllykoski. He is a household name on several clubs, venues and festivals in Helsinki. He has also organized several clubs of his own, such as Söndag Jazz, DJ Kitchen, Release and Shift to name a few. In many of these deejaying has been combined with live shows and jam sessions.
Sound design and cultural production
Laava Production is a production company founded by Myllykoski in 2001. It focuses on sound art, sound design and event production. He has made compositions and sound design for internationally distinguished documentary films Cold Rock and The Lappnor Project as well as for several commercials.
Myllykoski also worked as the producer for aforementioned documentary films via Kangoo Films, which is a production company co-owned by him. Cold Rock premiered in 2015 and was screened in several film theaters across Finland as well as nationwide on television by Yleisradio.
As a cultural producer, Myllykoski has actively brought numerous international rhythm music artists to perform in Finland. He has also been responsible for cultural production of Funky Elephant (2009, 2010) and Kuudes Aisti (2012, 2013) festivals. In 2013 and 2016 he produced the bouldering event Sisu Masters, which Yleisradio broadcasted nationwide. In 2017, Myllykoski founded and executed Kallio Noir Film Festival, which screened numerous famous films under six themes during six weeks in movie theater and bar Riviera in Helsinki. 
Education and academic career
Myllykoski has graduated as a Bachelor of Media in 2001 and as a Master of Media Arts in 2009 from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences and studied radio journalism in the 1990’s. He has also worked as a guest lecturer and trainer in Oulu University of Applied Sciences and Pop & Jazz Conservatory in Helsinki.
In the media
- "Aleksi Myllykoski". laavaproduction.com (in suomi). Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Aleksi Myllykoski". laavaproduction.com (in suomi). Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- "Tapio Korjus | Impala". www.impalamusic.org. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Inverse Ensemble". Discogs. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Luoto, Ossi (2015). "Kylmää kiveä - suomikiipeilyn tarina" (PDF). Kiipeily Magazine. 02: 34–35 – via Climbing.fi website.
- "Aleksi Myllykoski". Discogs. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Various - Emotional Listenings #1". Discogs. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Söndag Jazz 2014". Stadissa.fi (in suomi). Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Blue Kangoo Films | Tuotantoyhtiö | Helsinki". Blue Kangoo Films | Tuotantoyhtiö | Helsinki. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Finnkino - Kylmää kiveä - Suomikiipeilyn tarina". Finnkino. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Kylmää kiveä - suomikiipeilyn tarina (in suomi), retrieved 2020-06-03
- "Musta rytmimusiikki elää uutta kulta-aikaansa". Yle Uutiset (in suomi). Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Festarit tunkevat kaupunkiin". Helsingin Sanomat (in suomi). 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Funky Moves - Sisu Masters 2013 in Kei Boulderhal favourites". Vimeo. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Nyt.fi | Uusi elokuvafestivaali pohtii, millainen elokuva Kallio olisi: "Paljon nuorten iloa ja sykettä, mutta on olemassa myös toinen Kallio"". Helsingin Sanomat (in suomi). 2017-07-11. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Aleksi Myllykoski on facebook
- Aleksi Myllykoski on instagram
- Aleksi Myllykoski on spotify
- Aleksi Myllykoski | Discography | Discogs
- Aleksi Myllykoski on music youtube
- Aleksi Myllykoski on google play music
- Aleksi Myllykoski youtube channel
- Aleksi Myllykoski on soundcloud
- Aleksi Myllykoski :: Beatport
- Aleksi Myllykoski on imdb
- Aleksi Myllykoski on linkedin
This article "Aleksi Myllykoski" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.