|Add a Photo|
|Born||April 29, 1979|
|Known for||Tron: Uprising, Love, Death & Robots: THE WITNESS episode, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, The Beatles: Rock Band|
Alberto Mielgo (born 29 April, 1979) is a Spanish director, artist and animator. His accolades include four Emmy Awards and two Annie Awards. Alberto was an Art Director at Disney's Tron: Uprising (2013) and made his debut work as a director with animated short film The Witness (2019) created for Netflix anthology: Love, Death & Robots.
Born and raised in Spain, Alberto is currently established in Los Angeles, after having worked and lived in various countries of Asia and Europe. Alberto currently directs animations, works as an Art Director and does his own projects and paintings. While in London, Alberto worked for Passion Pictures and with Pete Candeland as an Art Director on ‘The Beatles: Rock Band’ and Gorillaz projects.
Among his early projects most noticeable are Corpse Bride of Tim Burton, The Beatles: Rock Band, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1st and 2nd parts and Tron: Uprising by Disney, for which he won in 2013 an Emmy Award and an Annie Award.
Alberto was was hired by Disney as an Art Director for 'Tron: Uprising' animated TV Series for in 2013. Director of 'Tron: Uprising' Charlie Bean explained that the idea was to create a very special style for the digital show, which was not seen on TV or in the movies. Charlie worked closely with art director Alberto Mielgo, and a character designer Robert Valley, and supervising car designer Daniel Simon, who was previously responsible for many of the vehicles’s film projects Tron: Legacy, including light cycles. Mielgo won the Emmy Primetime Award for outstanding art direction in 2013.
In 2015 Alberto was a Production Designer / Art Director at Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse animated movie and created an early animation test for the film. At first, his main goal was to explore the world, comics, the past of Spider-Man, cinematography, language, style, opportunities. According to Daniel Caylor, one of the animators on the film, Mielgo’s animation was widely seen by the crew and inspired their work before they began working on the movie. The test animation was never completed - only four shots were completely finished and determined the visual language of the the Oscar-nominated film.
In 2019 Mielgo wrote and directed “The Witness” episode for Netflix animation anthology series 'Love, Death & Robots', which has won 3 Emmies and an Annie award. Alberto’s involvement with the series began when he was approached by its supervising director, Gabriele Pennacchioli, who put him in touch with David Fincher and Tim Miller, both fans of his previous work. 'Love, Death & Robots' show was released on Netflix on March 15, 2019 and had a very positive audience responce. He recently directed another animated short film, The Windshield Wiper, a personal project focused on his vision of love and relationships.
Three Emmy Awards (2019) as Best Animated Short, Best Art Direction, Best Animation and an ANNIE award (2019) for Best Art Direction of “The Witness” episode for Netflix Animation anthology: Love, Death & Robots which Alberto wrote, designed and directed himself.
In the media
- "Emmy Awards of Alberto Mielgo". Television Academy. 2013–2019. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- "40TH ANNUAL ANNIE AWARDS Legacy". ASIFA-HOLLYWOOD. 2013. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.
- "47TH ANNUAL ANNIE AWARDS Legacy". ASIFA-HOLLYWOOD. 2013. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.
- Yeoman, Kevin (Jun 8, 2012). "'TRON: Uprising' Series Premiere Review". Screenrant.com. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- Ovenden, Olivia (March 14, 2019). "David Fincher's Netflix Series 'Love, Death & Robots' Is A Deep Dive Into Darkness". Esquire Magazine. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- "Alberto Mielgo at Trojan Horse was a Unicorn". Trojan Horse was a Unicorn. 2016. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- Arrant, Chris (Oct 1, 2012). ""TRON: Uprising" Art Director Alberto Mielgo Will Exhibit in Downtown L.A." Cartoon Brew, LLC. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- "Contemporary Art Curator Magazine". October 8, 2018. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.
- Weisberegr, Jason (2009). "Everything but the Game: the Art and Motion of The Beatles: Rock Band". BoingBoing. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- "TRON UPRISING Art Direction". Computer Graphics Daily News. 2013. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.
- Campbell, Josie (May 18, 2012). "'Tron: Uprising' Producers Talk Timelines, Influences & the Grid". CBR.com. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- Amidi, Amid (Jan 25, 2019). "Cartoon Brew: Early Boards For 'Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse'". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- Guido, Giulia (2019). "The Spiderman storyboard by Alberto Mielgo". Collater.al. Retrieved Apr 20, 2020.
- Major, David (Apr 6, 2019). "Netflix's Love, Death & Robots in Hong Kong: director of The Witness on his theme and inspiration". South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.
- "The Windshield Wiper". IMDb.com. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.
- "First Full Trailer for Alberto Mielgo's "The Windshield Wiper"". Stash Media, Inc. May 9, 2019. Retrieved Apr 19, 2020.
- Alberto Mielgo on instagram
- Alberto Mielgo on facebook
- alberto mielgo info
- Alberto Mielgo on imdb
- Alberto Mielgo on vimeo
- Alberto Mielgo Director & Animator - Nuts Computer Graphics
- Alberto Mielgo Archives | Cartoon Brew
This article "Alberto Mielgo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.