Al Wadi Al Akhdar
|Privately held company|
|Founders||Bechara Obegi & Frank Farage|
Founded in 1979, Al Wadi Al Akhdar (الوادي الأخضر) (“The Green Valley” in Arabic) is a Lebanese food brand worldwide, with a presence in more than 25 countries. Al Wadi Al Akhdar’s product range exceeds 150 unique products covering over 15 food categories, mostly within the Lebanese and Middle Eastern cuisine categories.
- In 1979, Al Wadi Al Akhdar was founded by Bechara Obegi and Frank Farage during the Lebanese Civil war. The company established itself by launching Hummus Tahini (حمص طحيني), Ful Medames(فول مدمس) & Chickpeas onto the market.
- In 1980, the brand introduced canned vegetables into the Lebanese market including traditionally-roasted Baba Ghanoush (بابا غنوج).
- In 1992, Al Wadi Al Akhdar launched its range of frozen vegetables in Lebanon.
- In 1997, canned vegetables had become one of the primary products provided by the brand.
- In 2013, Al Wadi Al Akhdar received the Med Mark Certificate which “designates healthy Mediterranean food products. Some of Al Wadi Al Akhdar’s Med Mark goods include its Hummus Tahini, Baba Ghanoush, Tahini, Olive Oil, Pomegranate Molasses, Foul and Chickpeas.”
- In 2014, the Pomegranate Molasses received the Bon Appetit (US food Magazine) seal of approval.
- In 2015, the company introduced a line of all-natural Waters & Pomegranate Molasses.
- Today, Al Wadi Al Akhdar’s products range across 15 food categories, including Halawa (حلاوة) and Tahini. The brand now has a global presence spanning more than 25 countries.
Al Wadi Al Akhdar complies with local and international quality standards. The brand adheres to sampling, inspecting, testing and releasing procedures. Its products undergo physical, chemical, microbiological and organoleptic tests before entering the market. Al Wadi Al Akhdar engages with certified providers and monitors their production operations to verify compliance. All of the labels used on Al Wadi Al Akhdar packages comply with international labeling regulations.
Documentation and traceability
Al Wadi Al Akhdar laboratory is equipped with advanced technology and operated by qualified personnel, where foods are subjected to intensive microbiological testing. Their product range offers GMO free and gluten free options. Al Wadi Al Akhdar tahini is free of whitening agents.
Known for its traditional Lebanese and Middle Eastern delicacies, Al Wadi Al Akhdar manufactures 150 unique products across 15 distinct food categories including:
|Hummus Tahini (حمص طحيني)||Authentic, traditional and ready-to-eat. Free from filling materials and packaged in BPA-free lining can.|
|Halawa or Halva (حلاوة)||Lebanese desert in plain, pistachio and chocolate flavours. Stone ground and made with 100% roasted sesame seeds. GMO and gluten free.|
|Chickpeas||Ideal grain size to cook the famous Lebanese meze dish “Balila”. Packaged in BPA-free lining can.|
|Baba Ghanoush (بابا غنوج)||Ready-to-eat dish made the traditional way following an authentic secret recipe. Free from filling materials and packaged in BPA-free lining can.|
|Ful Medames (فول مدمس)||Light-coloured & soft-textured fava beans available in three types: Ful Medames, Ful Medames with Chickpeas, Ful Medames and Peeled Fava Beans. Packaged in BPA-free lining can.|
|Pickles||Freshly-packed pickles produced following a typical Lebanese recipe. Made of natural ingredients (vinegar not acetic acid) and preservative free.|
|Rose Water & Orange Blossom Water||Created following traditional Lebanese recipes. Unique tasting and preservative free.|
|100% Natural Pomegranate Molasses||Unique flavor made from 100% pure pomegranate juice without artificial flavors.|
|Okra in brine||Green-colored and small in size. Packaged in BPA-free lining can.|
Al Wadi Al Akhdar can be found in more than 25 countries 6 continents:
Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Netherlands, Oman, Qatar, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, United Kingdom, USA (LA, New York, Michigan)
During the late 1990s, Al Wadi Al Akhdar received the ISO 9001 certification. In 2018, Al Wadi Al Akhdar received the ISO 22000 certification in Lebanon.
- http://www.alwadi.com Al Wadi Al Akhdar Website
This article "Al Wadi Al Akhdar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.