United Arab Emirates
|Des Naughton (CEO)|
|Revenue||JOD 93,3 million (2019)|
|Parent||Al Eqbal Investments Co PLC|
Al Fakher for Tobacco Trading and Agencies LLC, commonly known as Al Fakher (Arabic: الفاخر), is a producer of flavoured Mu‘assel tobacco for use in a hookah pipe which is also known as waterpipe, shisha, n´argileh, cachimba and qalyan.
Al Fakher is the worlds leading manufacturer and supplier of shisha tobacco in a global market estimated to be worth US$2 billion and expected to grow by a further 50 percent in the coming years.
The company's name is derived from the arabic words for ´The´ or ´Al´ and ´Luxurious´ or ´Fakher´. Al Fakher´s hookah products consist of a mixture of fine cut tobacco leaf, mu´assel and food grade flavourings.
Al Fakher was acquired in 2006 by Al Eqbal Investments Co PLC. Al Fakher is the largest subsidiary of Al Eqbal Investments Co PLC which is based in Amman, Jordan and is listed on the Amman Stock Exchange under the ticker ASE:EICO.
In May of 2017 Mr Des Naughton, a former British American Tobacco PLC board member and Mananging Directer of Vype e-cigarette maker Nicoventures, was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Al Fakher for Tobacco Trading and Agencies.
Des Naughton replaces long term CEO Samer Fakhouri. During Mr Fakhouri´s eleven year tenure as CEO he oversaw the expansion of international exports from exporting to 20 countries to 85 countries.
Al Fakher´s global corporate headquarters are located in the United Arab Emirates with factories located in Poland, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates. In Germany, Turkey, United Kingdom and California and Texas in the United States Al Fakher has established legal entities for distribution or administration purposes.
Al Fakher manufactures over 60 different flavoured hookah tobacco products. Their products are exported to 85 countries. 
- Halligan, Neil (7 November 2019). "Is shisha really as bad for you as the world health experts say?". Arabian Business. Dubai. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- "Mr. Samer Fakhouri - Al Fakher - A Story of Continuous Success". Al Fakher. 23 January 2019. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- Ghawi, Samir (10 August 2015). "Flavoured molasses yields bonanza for Jordan's Al-Eqbal Investment Co". The Jordan Times. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- Gordon, Ollie (20 November 2014). "Des Naughton resigns from Nicoventures: British American Tobacco loses ecigarette managing director". CityAM. London. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "Twenty Seventh Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Al Eqbal Investment Co Plc. 26 March 2019. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- Wadlow, Tom (4 September 2016). "Q&A with Al Fakher Tobacco CEO Samer Fakhouri". Business Chief. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
In the media
- Al Fakher on Facebook
- Al Fakher on Instagram
- Al Fakher Shisha & Hookah Tobacco at Hookah-Shisha.com
- Buy 2 AL-Fakher Two Apple Flavour for Hookah / Hukka
- Al Fakher Shisha and Hookah Tobacco at Hookah Company
- Al-Fakher Flavored Tobacco | Shisha | Hookah Tobacco
- Al Fakher imported Mint Hookah Flavor Price in India
- Al Fakher Shisha Tobacco 250g - Hookahs
- Al Fakher Shisha Molasses - Smoking-Hookah.com
- Al Fakher linkedin page
- Al Fakher - Kiwi (Hookah Flavour) - Slimjim Online
- Hookah Flavours | Al Fakher - Shisha
- Al Fakher Shisha Tobacco Molasses - Texas Hookah