The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Alma mater||Institute of Medical Sciences at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India|
Akhil Maheshwari is a neonatologist.
Maheshwari obtained his medical degree from the Institute of Medical Sciences at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, and then received residency training in Pediatrics first at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India, and then at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida. He was trained in Neonatology at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida. He joined the faculty of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama in 2004. In 2010, he was appointed the Chief of the Division of Neonatology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, Illinois. He moved back to the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in 2014, where he served as the Pamela and Leslie Muma Endowed Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of Neonatology, and the Assistant Dean for Education. In 2018, he was recruited to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine as the Director of Neonatology, Vice-Chair (Integration) of Pediatrics, and the Josephine S. Suitland Professor of Newborn Medicine. His research is focused on necrotizing enterocolitis, which is a leading disease and cause of death in premature infants. His laboratory has noted important roles of macrophages and platelets in the development of intestinal injury in this condition.
In the media
- Pamela and Leslie Muma Endowed Chair. Retrieved 12 September 2020
- Department of Pediatrics at University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. Retrieved 12 September 2020
- Maheshwari’s profile in the Johns Hopkins faculty directory. Retrieved 12 September 2020
- Josephine S. Suitland Professorship of Newborn Medicine. Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- Maheshwari’s bibliography as recorded on the Google scholar server. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- Mohankumar et al. A murine neonatal model of necrotizing enterocolitis caused by anemia and red blood cell transfusions. Nat Commun. 2019 Aug 2;10(1):3494. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-11199-5.
- Namachivayam et al. Targeted inhibition of thrombin attenuates murine neonatal necrotizing enterocolitis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020 May 19;117(20):10958-10969.
- Akhil Maheshwari, M.B.B.S. Director, Division of Neonatology Professor of Pediatrics
- Akhil Maheshwari, MBBS, MD - Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Akhil Maheshwari - Google Scholar
- Akhil Maheshwari on Twitter
- Akhil Maheshwari, MD | NEC-Zero
- Dr. Akhil Maheshwari, Neonatologist in Baltimore, MD
This article "Akhil Maheshwari" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.