The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Akcela Incubator is a Business incubator in Norwich, England. It houses a variety of Startup company and Scaleup company businesses with an industry agnostic approach.
The Akcela Incubator is currently the only incubation space in Norwich City Centre, UK., since other incubation spaces such as Whitespace were closed. East Anglia has some of the highest startup tech investment throughout the UK with Norwich featuring as the 13th highest ranking city to receive investment into Tech Startups, and Cambridge being the 5th highest . Comparative to this high investment level, the amount of incubator and accelerators within the East of England is the second lowest nationally, an amount that has only lowered since Whitespace closing. Due to the lack of innovation space within Norfolk, the most notable incubation space by proximity is the St John's Innovation Centre|St Johns Innovation Centre in Cambridge.
Tenants of the space are known as incubated companies. The view of incubated companies is to receive the support and access to funding that allows these companies to become viable and ultimately profitable within the local community. As of August 2021, tenants are listed as:
- Gorilla Juice
- The Forest of Memories
- Pinball Bazaar
Like many other incubators, the Akcela Incubator lists a number of partners who are on-boarded with the intention of developing and supporting the business community. As of August 2021, partners are listed as:
- Ashtons Law
- Farnell Clarke
- The Norfolk Chamber of Commerce (Regional arm of the British Chambers of Commerce)
- Anglia Capital Group
- Cambridge Norwich Tech Corridor
- Incubator which helped city’s tech scene to thrive announces it will close, by Doug Faulkner, in the EDP; published June 2, 2018; retrieved August 18, 2021
- Why tech ‘unicorns’ are flocking to the East of England, by Sarah Chambers, in the EADT; published March 30, 2020; retrieved August 18, 2021
- The future UK tech built -Tech Nation Report 2021, by Tech Nation; published 2021; retrieved August 18, 2021
- BUSINESS INCUBATORS AND ACCELERATORS: THE NATIONAL PICTURE by Jonathan Bone, Olivia Allen and Christopher Haley, in the Department For Business, Energy and Indsutrial Strategy BEIS research paper number 7; published April 2017, retrieved August 18, 2021
This article "Akcela Incubator" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.