Anthony James Sledge
September 1, 1985
New Haven, CT
|Years active||2003 - present|
|Organization||Inyaearhiphop, Sledge Family Rules|
|Known for||Inyaearhiphop (music blog)|
|Height||"6 ft 2 in"|
|Relatives||Tycheika Sledge (sister)|
Anthony James Sledge (born 1 September 1985), better known as Ajdaguru, Mr live, LFTB Beatz, and Livefromtheblok, is an African-American entrepreneur, music producer, hip-hop artist, digital marketing expert, and blogger. His last instrumental release, Sledge Family Rules has charted on the iTunes 200 charts in South Africa. With no professional background in social media management, AJ has strategically built a huge following on Instagram and many other social media platforms. He is the founder of Inyaearhiphop.com, a blog dedicated to the hip-hop music scene and considered as one of the popular resources.
Ajdaguru is considered an industry expert who specializes in bringing forth hidden talent and running his very own blog. Inyaearhiphop is one of the leading hip-hop blogs of all time and has been recognized by industry moguls DJ Khaled, Dej Loaf, Cardi B, Rick Ross, and more.
Ajdaguru has been widely covered by a variety of media outlets including 2DopeBoyz, Complex, HipHopDX, Hotnewhiphop, Thrive Global, Yahoo, ED Times, Huffington Post, Ventz Magazine, London Daily Post, NewsBreak and others. He has put himself at the forefront of the music industry for his ability to understand music and market them with marketing strategies and entrepreneurial capabilities.
Early life and education
Ajdaguru was born on September 1, 1985 to Tywana Sledge in New Haven, CT. Since a very young age, Ajdaguru was inclined towards the music scene. He started producing music when he was just 12 years old. When he was 14, Ajdaguru started a rap-group called CBC (crazy beats crew) with some of his classmates. CBC received great appreciation from fellow classmates, which inspired Ajdaguru to pursue a career in the music industry.
Ajdaguru began his career right after graduating from high-school in 2004. Initially, he struggled with financial problems, which resulted in him turning to other means of providing for himself. Simultaneously, Ajdaguru dedicated his time to composing and producing music. It was during this time he adopted his first street name - “livefromtheblok”. In the following years, Ajdaguru dealt with a number of legal woes, but decided to make some positive adjustments in his life and focus on creating music. He started working on his first instrumental mixtape - LFTB Beatz Vol.4. This mixtape got much attention in the underground hip-hop industry and even earned platinum status on datpiff.com. The success of Ajdaguru’s first project allowed him to connect with GLC, a leading rapper based in Chicago.
Ajdaguru then adopted his alias name Mr. Live, under which he collaborated with GLC and released a mixtape, Ismchurchill. The project's release opened up a number of doors and opportunities for Ajdaguru. He went on to producing music and working with several artists including King Chip and Chevy Woods.
In 2014, Ajdaguru started his hip-hop blog - Inyaearhiphop.com with intentions to influence hip-hop culture. Within a year, Ajdaguru gained recognition for his blog and started connecting with major music labels. In 2015, he released another instrumental mixtape titled livestrumentals vol 1., which included 18 instrumentals. The project received a significant amount of media attention and helped him gain popularity as a music producer.
In 2016, Ajdaguru started recording live performances of celebrity artists. He even interviewed Lil Uzi Vert and G herbo. In the same year, he released a sequel to his livestrumentals series - livestrumentals vol.2 that featured Chicago rapper GLC.
In 2017, Ajdaguru worked on three hip hop showcases that supported local artists and even gave them the chance to contact Atlantic Records, Roc Nation, and Def Jam. In 2020 he released a digital instrumental called Ajdaguru Family Rules, which charted at number 43 on the iTunes top 200 charts.
In 2009, Ajdaguru married Desimone Sledge. They share four children together. Anthony has a 15 year old son, Anthony James Sledge Jr., from a previous relationship.
In the media
- "#PreciseSoundz: @Misterlive introduces "Livestrumentals"". DJIceberg.com. 28 June 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "How to Remain Resilient as an Entrepreneur with Ajdaguru". News Break. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "Music mogul and producer Ajdaguru shares how digital platforms can leverage your music to reach the audience". news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "Blog - Breaking News, Entertainment, Sport, Lifestyle and More! - Life and Musical Legacy of AjDaGuru". Breaking News, Entertainment, Sport, Lifestyle and More!. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "Ajdaguru". Spotify. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "A Guru Taking Hip-hop to new levels". Vents Magazine. 23 December 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "Lftb Instrumentals Vol.4 | Gotinstrumentals | #1 Instrumentals Source". gotinstrumentals.com. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- https://hiphopdx.com, HipHopDX- (9 December 2013). "Mixtape Release Dates: Migos, GLC & Mr Live, Busta Rhymes & Q-Tip, Fredo Santana". HipHopDX. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Mixtape Mondays: GLC's 'Ism Churchill'". Rolling Out. 23 December 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Ism Churchill". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- tyler, Turn. "Mixtape: GLC & Mr. Live – Ism Churchill". Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "GLC & Mr. Live – Ism Churchill (Mixtape)". 2DOPEBOYZ. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- Spadine, Richard. "GLC ft. King Chip & Chevy Woods - Holdin". DJBooth. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Mr. Live x DJ Wats – Livestrumentals Vol. 1 (Mixtape)". Home of Hip Hop Videos & Rap Music, News, Video, Mixtapes & more. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "GLC – Holdin' f. King Chip & Chevy Woods". 2DOPEBOYZ. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Music mogul and producer Ajdaguru shares how digital platforms can leverage your music to reach the audience". ED Times | Youth Media Channel. 10 November 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2021.