Adewale Opeyemi Aladejana (born 16 May 1984) is a Nigerian businessman, investor, and trade entrepreneur, popularly known as the founder and CEO of Sapphire Group, a manufacturing company specialized in the production of perfumes, wristwatches and eyeglasses.
Early life & Education
Adewale was born and raised in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, South-west Nigeria to the family of Prince Bisi Aladejana and Mrs Adunni Aladejana. He is the 7th of nine children and the first of the remaining surviving three. Adewale is an alumnus of King's College, Lagos where he completed his secondary education. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communication from Bowen University.
Adewale began his career working for with the TY Danjuma Foundation, an NGO owned by Theophilus Danjuma. Adewale started Sapphire scents after he was transferred to the Abuja branch of his workplace. Adewale started his company with less than $100 in 2015 but now boast of an annual revenue of $10m. Sapphire Scents now have over 1000 distributors in 32 states of Nigeria, and in foreign countries.
In 2015, Adewale founded Sapphire Scents, a wholesale and retail business with 30,000. Today, the company in now a group. The brand ambassadors of the company are Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh, Davido's girlfriend, Chioma Nollywood actress and billionaire wife, Regina Daniels, Big Brother Africa's ex-housemate Teddy-A and Bam-Bam.
Adewale lives in Abuja, Nigeria with his wife, Oluwatoyin Aladejana and his two daughters. When he is not doing business or investing in startups, Adewale enjoys speaking and teaching at various events and workshops. Adewale is a member of the COZA Church and a close associate to the Lead Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo.
Awards and recognition
- 100 Most Influential Nigerians, 2017 – Avance Media
- Top 100 Young African Entrepreneurs, 2017
In the media
- Adewale Aladejana on twitter
- Adewale Aladejana on instagram
- Adewale Aladejana on facebook
- Adewale Aladejana on linkedin
- "Designing Scents For The African Consumer With Adewale Aladejana". Forbes. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "Adewale Aladejana: I'm a Big Dreamer, I Made it Thinking Big". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "Selling Perfumes Was My Escape Route From Poverty - Wale Aladejana". Punch Nigeria. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "We are perfuming a new oil industry in Nigeria". Guardian Nigeria. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- "Addewale Aladejana on a mission to help Africans 'smell good'". BusinessDay Nigeria. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- "Why Nigerian Businesses Don't Outlive Founders - Adewale Aladejana". The Interview Nigeria. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- "D'banj, Tonto Dikeh Celebrate with Sapphire Scents". Punch Nigeria. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- "6 things you didn't know about Chioma,". P.M News Nigeria. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "Tonto Dikeh, Regina Daniels, Others Attend COZA For Thanksgiving". Information Nigeria. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- ""There is no single day in the last 3 years, that I don't get credit alert on my phone"- Nigerian businessman praises pastor, Fatoyinbo". Information Nigeria. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
This article "Adewale Aladejana" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.