Adebukola Foluke Osunyikanmi
Adebukola Foluke Osunyikanmi
|Born||22 October 1972|
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Pius Olakunle Osunyikanmi|
|Parent(s)||Papa Oluyemi Akinfolademi Adesuyi |
Mama Grace Adesuyi
|Alma mater||Ondo State University, University of Ibadan, Adekunle Ajasin University|
|Thesis||Poverty Alleviation and Women in the Informal Sector:A Case Study of Ondo State|
|Doctoral advisor||Professor D.O Adeyemo|
Adebukola Foluke Osunyikanmi (born 22 October 1972) is a Nigerian Professor of Political Science who has a special interest in women and gender studies.
Osunyikanmi was born in Ibadan, Nigeria, to Papa Oluyemi Akinfolademi Adesuyi and his wife, Mama Grace Adesuyi.
Osunyikanmi started her elementary education at LA School II, Akure, Ondo State and completed it at St. Peter’s Primary School, Ile-Oluji, Ondo State. From there she proceeded to Gboluji Grammar School for her secondary education.
In 1989, Osunyikanmi gained admission into Ekiti State University Ado-Ekiti, where she obtained BSc in Political Science. She obtained MSc in Political Science with special focus on International Relations from the University of Ibadan in 1997.
At Adekunle Ajasin University, Osunyikanmi obtained a masters in gender studies in 2005. She obtaineda PhD in Political Science in 2010.
Osunyikanmi served at various times as Head of Department. She introduced Gender Studies as a core course into the curriculum of her department.
Osunyikanmi is a member of the Senate at Adekunle Ajasin University. She has published academic articles and attended several conferences within and outside the country.
Osunyikanmi is also the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Mabest Academy and Mabest Elementary School, Akure, Ondo State.
Osunyikanmi is married to Dr. Pius Olakunle Osunyikanmi, the current Director General of the directorate of Technical Aidcorp. The couple have three daughters.
- Fellow, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) Nigeria
- Member, Mid - South Sociological Association, USA
2018 Educationist of the year by Rotary Club Ondo State Chapter
- Adesuyi A. F. (1993), Nigeria-Israeli Relations: Challenges and Prospects, Unpublished B.Sc. Project Submitted to the Department of Political Science, Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria.
- Adesuyi A. F. (1997), Nigeria-Israeli Relations: Retrospect Problems and Prospects, Unpublished M.Sc Dissertation Submitted to the Department of Political Science, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Osunyikanmi A. F. (2005), Poverty Alleviation as a Strategy for Women Empowerment: A Case Study of Nigeria, 1993 - 2003, Unpublished M.Sc Dissertation Submitted to the Department of Political Science and Public Administration, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State.
- Osunyikanmi A. F. (2005), Poverty Alleviation and Women in the Informal Sector:A Case Study of Ondo State, 1999 - 2007, Unpublished PhD Thesis Submitted to the Department of Political Science and Public Administration, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State.
- Osunyikanmi, A. F. (2014): Reflections on Education and Girl -Child Marriage in Nigeria. International Journal of Sociological Science 1, (2), 1 - 9. USA.
- Osunyikanmi, A. F. (2014): Interrogating the Influence of Poverty on Insecurity in Nigeria. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science 4,(12), USA.
- Osunyikanmi, A. F. (2015): Impact of Liberalization of Telecommunications on Commerce in Ondo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Review in Applied and Social Sciences. 1(7), 35-53 USA.
- .Osunyikanmi A.F. (2016): Beyond Commerce: Women and Power in Traditional Nigerian Market. World Journal of Social Science Research. 4 (1). USA.
- Osunyikanmi A. F. and Iwu Hyacinth Nnaoma (2017): Insurgency and the Shrinking Space for Young Girl Education in the North - East, Nigeria. European Scientific Journal. 13, (31), U.K.
- Osunyikanmi, A. F. (2018): Technology, Elections and Democracy: Lesson for Nigeria, International Journal of Scientific Research in Humanities, Legal Studies & International Relations. 4 (1), 199-213. UK.
- Osunyikanmi A. F (2018): Prioritizing Quality Education in Nigeria: Commitment to Sustainable Development Goals. International Journal of Advanced Studies in Economics and Public Sector Management. 6(2), 215 - 224. UK.
- Iwu Hyacinth. N, Azeez Olaniyan and Osunyikanmi A. F. (2018): Umuada Women Association As Conflict Resolution Mechanism in South-eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Humanities and Cultural Studies. 5, (1), 110 - 127. Tunisia.
- Osunyikanmi A. F. (2018): Does Nigeria Need The Office of The First Lady? International Journal of Humanities and Cultural Studies. 5(1), 202 - 214. Tunisia.
- "How to stem rape cases on campuses — Prof Osunyikanmi". Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "COVID-19: Mixed reactions trail schools re-opening". Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "Adebukola Osunyinkanmi: Profile of a Seasoned Scholar". Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "School tours promote critical thinking in students, says expert". Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "AAUA Staff Directory". Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "How Mabest School thrived during COVID-19 Lockdown- Professor Adebukola Osunyikanmi". Retrieved 2021-02-27.
This article "Adebukola Foluke Osunyikanmi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.