|Born||10 October 1978|
|Alma mater||University of Karachi|
|Spouse(s)||Mrs. Farhat Abid|
|Children||2 sons Murtaza Raza, Hasan Raza|
Abid Raza (born; 10 October 1978) in Karachi, Pakistan. Dr. Abid Raza is the first Ph.D in the Corals of Pakistan from the Department of Zoology - University of Karachi. His Ph.D thesis titled “A Taxonomic study of Collections of Scleractinians Corals (Cnidaria; Anthozoa; Zoantharia), in the Zoological and Geological Museum Karachi University in Department of Zoology - University of Karachi.
Early Life And Education
Abid Raza, son of Syed Hasan Muhammad Zaidi, born in Karachi. Received his early education from Farqaleet Government Boys Secondary School, Nazimabad No.01, Karachi and passed his matriculation examination in the year 1996 from the same school. Enrolled in intermediate in Government Degree Science College, Qasimabad, Liaquatabad, Karachi. Sucessfully done his graduation (B.Sc. - Zoology / Botany / Chemistry) from S.M. Science College, Karachi in the year 2000. He got admission in the well renowned well reputed University Of Karachi in the year 2001. Here he did his masters degree program in 2005 in the Department of Zoology. In the year 2007, he enrolled in M.Phil leading to Ph.D. and the degree was awarded in 2013 (see serial no. 89 on convocation ceremony
Dr. Abid Raza started his academic career as a Cooperative Teacher in the Institute of Marine Science , University of Karachi in 2010. There he taught Fisheries Methodology in the MAS Program. He completed his tenure, during 2014 - 2015, as an Assistant Professor (IPFP-HEC programme) in the Department of Environmental Science  - Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology, Gulshan Campus, Karachi.
He is an author and co-author of 24 research papers, 8 books published from Lambert Academic Publication & Scholar Press, Germany:
- The Corals of Pakistan
- A Taxonomic Study of the Family Faviidae
- Antimicrobial activity of crude Pakistani honeys
- A Taxonomic Study of the Family Fungiidae
- Skin Wound Infection Treatment
- A Taxonomic Study of Subfamily Buprestinae of Pakistan
- The Family Buprestidae of Pakistan
- Toxicity of Phytopesticides and Pyrethroid Against Callosobruchus Analis
He contributed to write one chapter in the book Marine Animal Forests published by Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
Some of the research work is still in pipeline and some research projects are ready for submission. Nowadays he is still engaged in research work and collaborating with some scientists of University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan. He made a project on corals with respect to extraction of compounds of Pharmaceutical interest and associated fauna of Corals Reef Pakistan.
At last known a day’s Abid Raza has also engage in different biological research interest Taxonomy, Corals Reef of Arabian Sea, Marine Biology, Zoology, Ecology, Mangrove Fauna, Biodiversity, Wild Life, Vertebrates Pest Management, Entomology, Marine Pollution, He has a large national and international research network.
- Raza, Abid. "Dr". ResearchGate. ResearchGate.
- College, Sindh Muslim Government Science. "Sindh Muslim Government Science College Karachi".
- "Convocation Ceremony 2013" (PDF). University Of Karachi. University Of Karachi.
- Institute, Marine Science. "Institute of Marine Science". University Of Karachi.
- Department, Environmental Science. "Department of Environmental Science". Department of Environmental Science. Federal Urdu University.
- "The Corals of Pakistan".
- "A Taxonomic Study of the Family Faviidae".
- "Antimicrobial activity of crude Pakistani honeys".
- "A Taxonomic Study of the Family Fungiidae".
- "Skin Wound Infection Treatment".
- "A Taxonomic Study of Subfamily Buprestinae of Pakistan".
- "The Family Buprestidae of Pakisan".
- Phytopesticides and Pyrethroid, Toxicity of Phytopesticides and Pyrethroid Against Callosobruchus analis. "Phytopesticides and Pyrethroid". Scholars' Press.