Abdullahi Dauda Belel
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abdullahi Dauda Belel
|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 10, 1968|
Mubi north, Adamawa state, Nigeria
Abdullahi Dauda Belel (born 10 May 1968) is a Nigerian medical doctor, public health specialist, certified management consultant, and a politician.
Early life and education
Abdullahi was born in 1968 at Mubi, in the now Mubi north local government of Adamawa State, Nigeria. He had his early education at Mubi one primary school, Gongola state from 1974 to 1980, then went to government secondary school Maiha in 1980 before proceeding to government science secondary school Hong, Gongola state from 1982 to 1985. He obtained A/level IJMB at the school of basic studies, Ahmadu Bello university Zaria in1987. Abdullahi graduated with bachelor of medicine and surgery at the university of Maiduguri in 1994 and masters degree in public health at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in 2003.
Later life and career
Abdullahi is currently the co-team lead consultant that is facilitating the development of 10 year project plan (2020-2030) for Gombe state, he is also the consultant to federal ministry of health on sustainable health care financing under the world bank assisted Nigeria states health investment project (NSHIP), January 2020 to June 2020, and supported Borno state as construct management and verification agent under the world bank assisted Nigeria state health investment project.
Abdullahi was appointed as the chairman of Adamawa state primary health care development agency in 2011 and served two terms.
He has upgraded health sector in Adamawa to the apex level.  He participated in designing the performance based financing (PBF) project in Nigeria, and contributed to the development of the PBF ToolKit (world bank April 2014). He pioneered the implementation of PBF in Adamawa state and successfully completed the pre-pilot PBF implementation and scaled up to the entire state. Abdullahi was honoured with an award for excellent by Nigerian medical association.
Abdullahi laid solid foundation for universal wealth coverage through established result based PHC service package contracting-now supporting partner's effort in providing relief to extremely poor and the internally displaced person.
When he was medical advisor to Netherlands leprosy relief, he supported TB and leprosy control activities in Nigeria and Gambia where he provided technical support central unit of the national TB and leprosy control programme. He has been considered as a worthy ambassador by the people of northern Adamawa.
Abdullahi was an aspirant under the platform of APC for the seat of Adamawa northern senatorial district in 2018.
His father was the late Galadiman Mubi, Alhaji Dauda Jamtari Belel.
- "Welcome to OpenAIR @ ABU.: Browsing DSpace". kubanni.abu.edu.ng. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ebukaph (2018-02-16). "Health Agency call for media partnership on polio". Nigerianmedicals. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "UNICEF, E.U donate N1.2b hospital equipment to State Govt". www.blogarama.com. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- Reporter, Our (2016-02-09). "Adamawa Primary Health Care System: Breaking New Grounds Under Belel". The Dream Daily. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- administrator (2016-04-30). "Adamawa to upgrade 21 primary facilities to centres of excellence". The Government and Business Journal. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- "UN Empowers Clinics To Treat Rape Victims, Pregnant IDPs". www.thenigerianvoice.com. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- "Providing Health in Difficult Contexts: Pre-Pilot PBF Experiences in Adamawa State | RBF Health". www.rbfhealth.org. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "Physician Week: Adamawa NMA honour Belel with the Award of Excellence". Daily Times Nigeria. 2017-10-30. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- "Adamawa Records 95 Per Cent Immunization Coverage….Gov. Jibrilla". www.thenigerianvoice.com. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "WHO targets confined and returning displaced populations with immunization in Adamawa state". Regional Office for Africa (in français). Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "LGAS Publications". PubFacts. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- Onajite, Felix (2017-12-18). "A clarion call to service: Dr. Belel has been considered a worthy ambassador by the people of Northern Adamawa, By Dantala Garba Maiha". The Witness Newspaper. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- Hint, Daily (2018-09-07). "Adamawa 2019: Dr Belel Obtain ticket to Race For Senate". Daily Hint News. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- Admin (2016-11-03). "DAUDA, Alhaji Jamtari Belel". Biographical Legacy and Research Foundation. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
This article "Abdullahi Dauda Belel" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.