The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ABS Sisak is a steel company of in the central town of Sisak Croatia. It is near the Rijeka sea port. Prior to its acquisition in November 2012 by the Danieli Group of Italy, it was a subsidiary of US-based Commercial Metals Company.
In 1988, the firm resulted from the merger of Officine Bertoli and Safau.
Due to the economic situation, the plant closed in 2011 and all staff were laid off.
In November 2012, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development financed a 50 million euro loan.
In October 2020, management was hopeful that the plant would recover from Covid-19 pandemic in 2021.
The plant was impacted by the earthquake on 29 December 2020. The epicentre was only 8km away.
In 2021, Lider wrote about them.
- Daskalovic, Djordje (12 April 2013). "Danieli's Croatian steel mill targets monthly output of 27,000 t". SeeNews.
- "Acciarierie Bertoli Safau Sisak d.o.o." SeeNews. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "Danieli ABS SISAK". EBRD. 26 November 2012.
- "DANIELI SEES RECOVERY, SISAK FULL UTILISATION IN 2021". EUROMETAL. 2 October 2020.
- "Scossa in Croazia, evacuato l'impianto Abs di Sisak: non ci sono feriti". TELEFRIULI. 29 December 2020.
- "ABS Sisak - Uskoro povratak u pogone". Lider media. 2021.