|Add a Photo|
|Born||August 22, 1980|
Montreal, Quebec, Cananda
|Education||Master's degree in composition|
|Alma mater||Université de Montréal|
|Awards||Prix Opus, composer of the year (2020)|
Éric Champagne (born August 22 1980) is a Canadian composer.
Born in Montreal, Quebec, Éric Champagne holds a master's degree in composition from the Université de Montréal, where he studied with Robert Normandeau, François-Hugues Leclair, Michel Longtin and Denis Gougeon. He also worked with composers Michel Tétreault, Luis de Pablo, José Evangelista, John McCabe and Gary Kulesha.
His music is regularly performed by internationaly renowned ensembles and soloists, including the Zurich Academic Orchestra, the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal, the Orchestre symphonique de Québec, the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Orchestra, the Orchestre de la Francophonie, the Orchestre symphonique de l'Estuaire, the National Academy Orchestra of Canada, the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra, the McGill Wind Symphony, the University of Oklahoma Wind Symphony, Molinari String Quartet, Fibonacci Trio and Pentaèdre wind quintet.
Éric Champagne was a composer-in-residence at the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur de Montréal from 2016 to 2018 and at the Orchestre Métropolitain from 2012 to 2014. He regularly works with this ensemble on various musical and educational projects. He is also involved in the promotion of contemporary music and culture in general. He is the author of articles and interviews published in several publications such as Circuit, L’Opéra revue québécoise d'art lyrique and La Scena musicale.
Works (partial list)
- L’étincelle suffit à la constellation, for tenor and piano (2007)
- Vers les astres, for symphony orchestra (2011)
- Symphonie no.1, for symphony orchestra (2014)
Awards and honours
- Prix collégien de musique contemporaine, for Vers les astres (2012)
- Prix du CALQ-Création de l’année-Montréal, for Symphonie no.1 (2015)
- Prix Opus, composer of the year (2020)
In the media
- "ÉRIC CHAMPAGNE". Orchestre symphonique de Montréal. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Éric Champagne". Canadian Music Centre | SydneyEnterprise (Final). Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "CQM > Membres > Répertoire des membres". www.cqm.qc.ca. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Gala des prix Opus, 23rd edition Sunday, January 19, 2020". my/maSCENA. 2020-01-20. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Éric Champagne: Showcase | Canadian Music Centre
- ÉRIC CHAMPAGNE - Orchestre symphonique de Montréal
- Éric Champagne
- Éric Champagne: A 'Te Deum' to celebrate the 375th anniversary montreal
- Pronto - Champagne | Redshift Music
- Chocolate is Hot in Canada: Éric Champagne | Canada's 100 best
This article "Éric Champagne" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.