Thomas E. Horn
Thomas E. Horn
|Add a Photo|
|Born||June 7, 1946|
Albuquerque, New Mexico
|Parent(s)||Lucille and H.B. Horn|
Thomas Eugene Horn (born June 7, 1946) is an attorney in San Francisco, California. He is currently President of the San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center..
Horn was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1946. He is the son of Lucille and H.B. Horn. His father co-founded Horn Oil Co., which began as a single gas station and grew to became one of the principal independent gas and oil distributors in the Southwest . Horn graduated from the University of New Mexico with a Bachelor of Arts in 1968. He later studied at the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law|University of California, Los Angeles, earning a Juris Doctor in 1971. In 1979, Horn moved to San Francisco.
After being admitted to the New Mexico Bar in 1971, Horn served as Legal Director of the New Mexico Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union. Horn was admitted to California Bar in 1972 and the U.S. Supreme Court Bar in 1981.
Horn served as Publisher of the Bay Area Reporter from 2004 to 2013, following the death of Bob Ross, the Bay Area Reporter's publisher and founder. Horn serves as President of the foundation that bears Ross’ name, supporting a diverse range of HIV-related, LGBT, cultural, and other nonprofit organizations.
Horn was appointed Honorary Consul of Monaco in San Francisco by Albert II, Prince of Monaco, in 2009 .
Since 1981, Horn has sereved as a mayoral appointee of the Board of Trustees of the San Francisco War Memorial, home to San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Opera, and San Francisco Symphony. Horn led the renovation of the War Memorial Opera House in 1996 and the Veterans Building in 2016.
The Republic of France has decorated Horn for his contributions to the Franco-American relationship: the Chevalier de l’Ordre national du Mérite|Ordre National du Mérite in 2003 with a promotion to the rank of Commandeur in 2011, and the Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 1994.
Horn married Caesar Alexzander in 2018.
- "San Francisco War Memorial | Trustees". sfwarmemorial.org.
- "ABQjournal Profiles: Businessman Gave Back to City". www.abqjournal.com.
- "In the Matter of the Witness Charles G. Berry, Petitioner, 521 F.2d 179 (10th Cir. 1975)". Justia Law.
- "Embassy of the Principality of Monaco to the United States of America". monacodc.org.
- "Renovated War Memorial Veterans Building reopens with dedication ceremony". The San Francisco Examiner. September 17, 2015.
- Vega, Cecilia M.; Writer, Chronicle Staff (April 20, 2006). "SAN FRANCISCO / Gay mayor of gay Paris visits gay San Francisco / Bertrand Delanoë on first Bay Area sister-city junket". SFGate.
This article "Thomas E. Horn" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.