Stephen R. Carter (editor)
Stephen R. Carter
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States Of America|
|Occupation||Editor and Author|
Stephen R. Carter is an American magazine editor and author, who is known for his contributions to Mormon studies and Mormon literature through his essays, religious non-fiction, comic books, short fiction, and horror fiction. He is the current Director of Publications and Editor of Sunstone Magazine, a position he has held since 2008. Carter has received multiple AML Awards from the Association for Mormon Letters. His work has also been cited in The Best American Series|The Best American Spiritual Writing 2006. While he was a student at Utah Valley University|Utah Valley State College, Carter worked as a journalist for various Utah-based newspapers before graduating with a degree in English and philosophy; he went on to study creative writing in graduate school in Fairbanks, Alaska. Also while at Utah Valley State College, Carter worked as the personal assistant for Eugene England, who was also an important mentor for Carter. Carter is a great-nephew of poet May Swenson and of author Paul Swenson.
- Moth & Rust: Mormon Encounters with Death (essay collection). Editor and contributing essayist. Signature Books, 2017. ISBN 978-1560852650. "Summary". Winner of the "2017 AML Award" for Best Anthology.
- Mormonism for Beginners (non-fiction). Author, with Jett Atwood as illustrator. For Beginners, 2016. ISBN 978-1939994523 "Summary".
- Three Sealings (essay). Dialogue journal, Vol. 50.3(2017), pp. 115-22. "Full text". 2nd Place in the "Eugene England Memorial Essay Award for 2016"
- Scared Sacred: How the Horrifying Story of Joseph Smith’s Polygamy Can Help Save Us (essay). Dialogue journal, Vol. 49.3(2016), pp. 75-88. "Full text".
- The Trail (short fiction). Dialogue journal, Vol. 49.1(2016), pp. 77-84. "Full text"
- Slippery (short fiction). Dialogue journal, Vol. 48.1(2015), pp. 139-42. "Full text"
- iPlates, Volume II (comic book). Author with Jett Atwood. Zion Book Works, 2014. ISBN 978-1503202221 "Publisher Summary". Winner of the "2014 AML Award" for Best Comic.
- The Hand of Glory: Harrowed Valley Hauntings: Book I (horror novel). 2013. ISBN 978-1482021622
- iPlates, Volume I (comic book). Author with Jett Atwood. Zion Book Works, 2012. ISBN 978-1478372028 "Publisher Summary".
- What of the Night? (essay collection). "Zarahemla Books", 2010. ISBN 978-0984360314
- The Calling (essay). Sunstone (magazine), #148 (2007), pp. 27-31. "Full Text". Winner of the "2008 AML Award" for Best Essay.
- Smoke and Mirrors (essay). Sunstone (magazine), #142 (2006), pp. 50-54. "Full Text".
- The Weight of Priesthood (essay). Dialogue journal, Vol. 38.3(2005), pp. 107-19. "Full text". Winner of a "2005 Dialogue New Voices Award"
- Last Supper (short fiction). Dialogue journal, Vol. 35.2(2002), pp. 147-49. "Full text"
- A Brief Tour of England, My Year with Gene (essay). Dialogue journal, Vol. 35.1(2002), pp. 16-22. "Full text"
- "Meet the Team".
- "Sunstone Announces New Editor and Director".
- "AML Awards 2008-2009".
- "AML Awards 2014".
- "2017 AML Awards".
- "Contributors to Dialogue vol 35.2" (PDF).
- "A Brief Tour of England, My Year with Gene" (PDF).
- "Sunstone Magazine Podcast episode 21, The Art of a Skillful Faith Transition, a Conversation with Stephen Carter".
- "Stephen Carter finds an unexpected hero in suffrage".
- "In Memoriam Paul Swenson".
This article "Stephen R. Carter (editor)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.