Mike O'Neil (LinkedIn)
Mike O'Neil (born April 1, 1960, Minneapolis, MN) is an American entrepreneur, executive coach, trainer, speaker, author and visionary. Mike O'Neil is widely recognized as the world's first LinkedIn coach and trainer. During his career, O'Neil held the positions of consultant, coach, advisor, business developer, sales manager and his favorite - Sales Engineer.
Mike authored the books “Rock The World with Your Online Presence (2010)” and “Rock The World with LinkedIn (2015)”. He is a 2-time Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer who delivers keynote addresses, break out training sessions and web-based training to clients across North America. The topics are LinkedIn, social selling, technology sales and the future of technology.
Born and raised in Minneapolis, MN, Mike O'Neil is known for working 1-on-1 with executives and entrepreneurs to build online presence, networks and clientele. O'Neil also works as a consultant for companies and associations on the topics of LinkedIn and social media marketing. Mike uses his engineering to help integrate LinkedIn data with CRM systems.
O'Neil was born in the Twin Cities on April 1, 1960. He is the son of Bernie O'Neil and Nancy O'Neil. Mike is the eldest of the two children and he found interest in sports, roller skating, football and muscle cars. In 1978, he attended Iowa State University to begin his engineering studies. He transferred to Arizona State University where he received a BSE in Industrial Engineering in 1983. During his engineering studies, he owned an IBM PC and it helped him get his first job out of college as a PC Technical Specialist.
Mike started his career as the corporate PC “guru” for Ramada Hotels at their Phoenix headquarters in 1983. He worked in the Information Services Division managing 750 computers in an international network led by an IBM mainframe. His first task was to manufacture 1500 floppies each month to send to the hotels. Mike's role involved testing and implementation of the new PC and datacom technologies like hard drives, modems, software, portables and laptops. 
Mike worked at Arizona Public Service (APS) as Network Systems Engineer from 1985 to 1987 before he moved into a sales engineering role for upstart PC resellers creating strategies, managing sales and marketing for complex technical products, networks and services. He moved up to work for national and international telecom and Internet firms working on large data worldwide networks.
The 9/11 crisis hit tech firms hard and he lost his job. That is when he created Integrated Alliances LLC, world’s first LinkedIn coaching and training company in Denver, CO.
In 2006, Mike began delivering ½ day LinkedIn workshops at the University of Denver. Soon after, Mike started helping entrepreneurs, business owners, coaches, sales teams and associations utilize LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, Recruiter and other LinkedIn technologies to reach out and connect with their audiences and customers.
In the beginning of 2020, at the peak of the Coronavirus outbreak, Mike is releasing a new book entitled “LinkedIn Prescription for a Crisis ~Friends ~ Empathy ~Barter”, centered on reaching out to select people you already know, showing empathy and exploring barter possibilities. The process helps them get through the crisis and come out great in the end, as things improve.
Books by Mike O'Neil:
- O'Neil, Mike (2014-11-21). Rock The World with Your Online Presence. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 978-1450580557.
- O'Neil, Mike (2014-11-21). Rock The World with LinkedIn V2.1: A Multi-Platinum Profile PLUS a Classic Rock Soundtrack. RockTheWorld Media Group. ISBN 978-0-9862417-0-3.
Mike O'Neil is recognized by numerous corporations, organizations and professional associations for his contributions to the success of their employees and members. He has twice been named to the elite Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers list. Mike is the 10th person in the world to reach the 30,000 LinkedIn connection summit.
Mike's father, Bernie O'Neil, was a medical doctor who delivered over 2,200 babies in his long career. Mike is in a permanent relationship with Deb Worley. He currently lives in the Twin Cities area with his mother, sister, girlfriend, near his son. He enjoys live music, vinyl records, pets and domestic travel with Southwest Airlines and Airbnb.
In the media
- ↑ Allinacing Code (PDF). Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Changing the Game with Digital, Presented by SAP: Digital Marketing: What Every Sales Pro Needs to Understand on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 LinkedIn Crash Course with Mike O'Neil - The AGC Experience, retrieved 2020-04-06
- ↑ Mike O'Neil Integrated Alliance Show With Sherman Mohr "Using Meetup.com ", retrieved 2020-04-06
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Digital Marketing: What Every Sales Pro Needs to Understand". The VoiceAmerica Talk. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- ↑ Kramer, Shelly (2014-06-11). "Welcome to Facebook Zero: How Brands Can Stay Relevant". V3B: Marketing and Social Media Agency. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- ↑ "Megaphone Player". playlist.megaphone.fm. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- ↑ Rock the World with your Online Presence. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. 2010. ISBN 978-1450580557.
- ↑ Rock The World with LinkedIn. RockTheWorld Media Group. 2014. ISBN 978-0986241703.
- 1960 births
- American entrepreneurs
- American businesspeople
- American social entrepreneurs
- American business executives
- American computer businesspeople
- American business magazines
- Lists of businesspeople
- Life coaching
- American vocal coaches
- American motivational speakers
- American people
- American authors
- American male writers
- American writers
- American writers by genre
- American marketing people