Michael J. Mitchell
October 2, 1994
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Johnson & Wales University|
|Years active||2010 - present|
|Organization||A Sneaker Life|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Title||Founder of A Sneaker Life|
|Also known as|
|Network||Complex Networks and affiliates|
Michael J. Mitchell (born October 2nd,1994), also known as MikeTheCompass, is an American influencer, YouTuber, entrepreneur, content creator and a videographer. He is the founder of A Sneaker Life, an online store exclusively made for sneaker enthusiasts. Mitchell is best known for creating lifestyle content such as fashion trivias, sneaker related content and vlogs. Mitchell has also gained recognition as a prolific digital brand-builder and assists individuals and companies to create and run their websites successfully.
In a short span of time, Mitchell gained recognition as a YouTube sensation through his highly influential sneaker focused channel - A Sneaker Life. Soon after the success of this virtual platform, Mitchell founded two new affiliate marketing companies namely Deals Under Cost LLC and A Sneaker Life LLC with a focus on helping consumers find the best deals online for Tech, Sneakers, Apparel and other lifestyle goods.
Early life and education
Mitchell was born in Denver, Colorado. He attended Roosevelt high school in Johnstown, Colorado. Mitchell has always been passionate about basketball. Mitchell held the most points in school history, and was awarded Reporter-Herald boy’s basketball player of the year by the all-star community at the All conference in 2013.
Mitchell pursued business administration and entrepreneurship at Johnson & Wales University in Denver. He became a member of the men's basketball team at the University. Mitchell graduated in 2017 with a bachelor’s degree.
It was during his time at Johnson & Wales that Mitchell honed his skills and started creating online content related to fitness, technology and comedy. After his graduation, Mitchell focused on building his YouTube Channel and brand, and thus invested his time on bringing forth new and creative concepts.
Mitchell was enthusiastic about content creation from a very young age. He has always had a knack for compiling trivial things and highlighting the creative aspect of it all. Mitchell began his career even before he attended University. He has worked on several YouTube channels where he harbored his creativity and shared multiple how-to, suggestive and comparative videos in the fields of technology, fitness and comedy.
Mitchell experienced his big break in media with his YouTube channel dedicated to sneaker related content. He started A Sneaker Life in 2013 and gained popularity almost immediately attracting fashion enthusiasts his way. Mitchell shares sneaker related content like price rates, structure, buying options, suggestions, sustainability and design. A Sneaker Life also provides online shopping options for sneakers by recognised brands such as Asics, Adidas, Nike, Jordan and New Balance amongst others. The official website of Mitchell’s A Sneaker Life also provides its fan base with customised T-shirt and Hoodie options along with several other accessories.
Having a successful journey with YouTube channel, Mitchell in 2019 launched two new affiliate marketing companies, Deals Under Cost LLC and A Sneaker Life LLC. These companies are dedicated to help consumers find the best deals online for tech, sneakers, apparel and other lifestyle stuff. Mitchell with his extensive experience and knowledge also helps other businesses in content creation along with building their websites.
Mitchell’s passion for sneakers and his determination is what drove him to achieve greater heights. Mitchell with his creativity and business mindedness is managing to make his way to financial independence as he is working to pay off his $100,000 student loan using what he earns from his businesses, which is reflective of his talent as seen on social media that consists of unique and curated content. Mitchell’s attention-grabbing skills and distinguished content has helped in boosting his online presence as a sneaker master.
In the media
- "A Sneaker Life net worth in 2020 - How much does A Sneaker Life make?". statsmash.com. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "Mike. | a Sneaker Life(mikethecompass): Age, Birthday, Wiki and Biography". www.filmifeed.com. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "About A Sneaker Life". YouTube.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "From Student Loans to Success: A Look Inside the Life of Youtube Sensation and Sneakerhead MikeTheCompass of "A Sneaker Life" | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "40 Sneaker Youtube Channels For Sneaker Enthusiasts". Feedspot Blog. 2018-01-10. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "Living the Sneaker Life With YouTube Sensation Michael J Mitchell AKA 'mikethecompass'". www.fox34.com. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "CRAZY $20 MYSTERY BOX FROM A YOUTUBER - A SNEAKER LIFE | Mystery box, Mystery, Youtube". Pinterest. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "Air Jordan XII "The Master" Detailed Video Review by A Sneaker Life Complex". www.bata.co.ug. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- Penske, Tyler (2020-07-09). "A Sneaker Life's Michael J Mitchell AKA 'mikethecompass' on His Rise to Fame in the Sneaker Game". Kivo Daily. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "Contact Us". Black Top Paving Pros Memphis. 2019-08-28. Retrieved 2020-08-19.