|Years active||1979 - present|
|Political party||Liberal Democrat|
|Board member of||Independent Advisory Group (IAG) |
Izzy Knowles is a Liberal Democrat politician in Moseley, Birmingham and the Liberal Democrat candidate in the Hall Green constituency in the 2019 UK general election of 12 December 2019.
Izzy Knowles is a former police officer. Between 1979 and 2013, she worked in the West Midlands Police (Birmingham and Solihull) where she was employed in various roles, including response, criminal justice, custody and as a Neighbourhood Sergeant on the Bournville, Cotteridge and Stirchley side of Birmingham. She is active in the Housing Liaison Board for the district and is a member of the Independent Advisory Group (IAG) of the Birmingham East Police. Knowles also runs the Moseley Farmers Market and helps with the management of two Alternative Giving Campaigns to provide help for homeless and vulnerable people.
Knowles is a member of Moseley Forum, a community group which looks after the interests of all people and works on the campaigns on local issues. In an interview by Birmingham Post on Moseley winning an award for best urban place in Britain to live.
Knowles is also a Organiser and Outreach Worker at SIFA Fireside, an organisation combining two charities which are dedicated to help homeless, alcohol affected and SIFA and The Fireside Charity.
Political positions and political career
Knowles is a supporter of a People's Vote on a Brexit deal and a member of the organisation EUinBrum, which lobbies for such a vote. She was a speaker at a People's Vote rally in Birmingham in July 2019.
In 2018, Knowles was one of the two Liberal Democrat candidates for the Birmingham City Council elections for Moseley. She gained 35.5% of the vote, but lost out to the Labour candidates.
In 2019, Knowles became the Liberal Democrat candidate in the Hall Green constituency (comprising the Birmingham wards of Moseley, King's Heath, Sparkbrook and Springfield) for the UK general election scheduled to take place on 12 December 2019. Knowles is running on a platform of stopping Brexit and lobbying for proper funding for the health services, for making neighbourhoods safer and for the protection of the environment.
- "General election 2019: A really simple guide". BBC Online.
- "Izzy Knowles". Democracy Club Candidates. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Birmingham in shock after double-death tragedy". Birmingham Mail. 11 November 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- ""Izzy Knowles"". Who Can I Vote For. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Izzy Knowles". Who Can I Vote For. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "The independent spirit of trendy "village" Moseley". Business Live. Birmingham Post. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Local Eye Hospital Supports SIFA Fireside". Optegra. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- Haynes, Jane. ""Unfounded reckless optimism defended by evasion and bombast"; Heseltine's scathing broadside on Prime Minister and Brexit as People'sVote campaign rolls into Birmingham". The Free Library. Birmingham Post. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Breaking Point! Lib Dems Claim Neighbourhood Policing Is In Crisis After Shocking Results Of Public Survey". Birmingham Evening Mail. 5 December 2017.
- "Izzy Knowles". Moseley Lib Dems. Retrieved 23 November 2019.