|Place of origin||Nicaragua|
|Main ingredients||Shredded corn and beef|
Indio Viejo ("old Indian") is a type of stew popular in Nicaragua. It is usually made from shredded corn and beef. The dish is traditional to Nicaragua and one of the most established. It hs been described as being similarto a porridge. It dates at least to the colonial.era and a mortar was used to prepare the dish.
In the media
- "Indio Viego". Curious Cuisiniere. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
- "Indio viejo | Traditional Stew From Nicaragua | TasteAtlas". www.tasteatlas.com.
- "Indio Viejo Recipe". March 17, 2016.
- Behnke, Alison; Chacon, Griselda Aracely (January 1, 2005). "Cooking the Central American Way". Lerner Publications – via Google Books.
- Roque, Raquel (September 4, 2013). "Cocina Latina: El sabor del mundo latino". Penguin – via Google Books.
- Indio Viejo (Nicaraguan Beef Stew) Recipe • Curious Cuisiniere
- Indio Viejo | Traditional Stew From Nicaragua - TasteAtlas
- Indio Viejo | CasaComida
- Indio viejo | food | Britannica
- Indio Viejo Recipe - Nicaragua food
- Eat up. Nicaraguan Indio Viejo Stew — - Living Threads Co.