The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
Evan Chow (Chinese: 周世耀, born 1982) is a Hong Kong businessmen and art collector. He is the managing partner of MCL Financial Group, one of Hong Kong's leading boutique asset management platforms, and the managing director for his family office, CEG. With business interests spanning from real estate to private equity and other investments. Mr. Chow supports a variety of youth and education related charities, including serving on the Executive Committee of the Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children|Hong Kong Society For the Protection of Children and involving at the Young Presidents' Organization. He is one of the most influential contemporary art collector and patrons based in Hong Kong, serving on the board of trustees at the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York and Asia Pacific Committee of Centre Pompidou. Chow has been on the 10 top art collectors in Hong Kong by the COBO Social and 15 biggest collectors and top Tatler 500 list in Hong Kong by the Hong Kong Tatler.
Growing up surrounded by his family collection of Chinese Antiques and ink art in Hong Kong but educated in the US, Evan's collection is situated between the East and West and primarily centered on painting as his passion. His art collection reflects personal taste as well as the most exciting emerging artists changing the landscapes of contemporary art. He collects rising local Hong Kong painter Chris Huen, multimedia Thai artist Korakrit Arunanondchai, American founder of Neo-Geo Peter Halley, as well as Donald Judd, founder of Minimalism in the 60s.
Current arts positions
- Board of Trustees of the New Museum, New York
- Asia Pacific Committee for the Centre Pompidou Paris
- Advisory Board at the Taipei Dangdai Art Fair
- Member of Art Jakarta 2019 Board of Patrons
- Member of Whitechapel Gallery Art Icon 2018 committee
- Founding patrons group at M+|M+ Museum
- ↑ "Evan Chow". Contemporary Art Collectors. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ Dunkley, Emma; Woodhouse, Alice (2018-11-25). "The next gen trying to boost Hong Kong's growing art scene". Financial Times. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ "Management Team : MCL Financial Group". mclfg.com. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ "Hong Kong financier and maths wizard Evan Chow spends his free time helping others". South China Morning Post. 2016-11-07. Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- ↑ "Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children". www.hkspc.org. Retrieved 2020-02-26.
- ↑ Tatler, Hong Kong (2018-01-01). "Evan Chow". Hong Kong Tatler. Retrieved 2020-02-26.
- ↑ "Leadership". www.newmuseum.org. Retrieved 2020-02-26.
- ↑ "Hong Kong's Top Collectors". COBO Social. 2018-03-08. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ Tatler, Hong Kong (2018-01-17). "Hong Kong's Elite: Who's New On The 2018 Tatler 500 List". Hong Kong Tatler. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ Tatler, Hong Kong (2019-03-14). "At Krug Room, Evan Chow's Childhood Memories Are Crafted Into Haute Cuisine". Hong Kong Tatler. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ Lau, Sybil (2020-03-16). "The Collectors' Circle: Art Collector Evan Chow On The Importance Of Visiting Artists' Studios". Tatler Singapore. Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Yasuda, Yuri Yureeka; Yasuda, Yuri Yureeka (2020-03-10). "My Favourite Things: Evan Chow". BILLIONAIRE Magazine | BLLNR. Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- ↑ "From Wong Ping to Tomma Abts: How to Balance between Curatorial Importance and Investment". www.larryslist.com. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- ↑ Barlow, Christian (2019-03-27). "Exclusive: The New Museum of Contemporary Art Private Dinner @ Ammo". Hong Kong Tatler. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ "Advisory Group | Taipei Dangdai - Art & Ideas Taipei Dangdai – Art & Ideas". taipeidangdai.com. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ "Announcing Board of Patrons : Art Jakarta - Indonesia's biggest annual art fair. 30 Aug — 1 Sep 2019. JCC Senayan". artjakarta.com. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- ↑ "Mona Hatoum Presented With Prestigious Annual Art Icon Award 2018". Artlyst. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
This article "Evan Chow" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.