STAR's TECH ECO-ST Deicer
|Headquarters||Seoul, Republic of Korea|
|Seungchan Yang (CEO)|
ECO-ST is the world’s first deicer made from starfish extracts created by STAR’S TECH, a leading technology firm based in S.Korea. ECO-ST is an Eco-friendly cutting-edge ice deicer with a melting performance of 166% that reduces indirect costs to 90% associated with snow removal processes.
ECO-ST was created with the aim to solve environmental damages done during the snow removal process and to reduce the starfish damage. It overcomes more of the corrosion and environmental difficulties associated with conventional salt while providing greater snow melting performance by reusing biowaste from predatory starfish.
ECO-ST as an eco-friendlier product has not only revolutionized the way snow is removed but in doing so has also addressed a global Starfish problem. Predatory starfish are collected and processed by STAR's TECH for use as a primary element in the product. By doing so the company saves millions of government funds by lowering the cost of removing starfish. Not only that, but this also exponentially reduced the damage to fishermen's farms and coral reef devastation.
ECO-ST utilizes starfish extract as a core material which is obtained from our extraction process technology from starfish.
- Chloride ions cause harm to roads, trees, and vegetation, while starfish extract deicer lowers corrosion to infrastructure and personal property. The Starfish de-icer works quickly and minimizes damage on concrete or metal surfaces. This, by extension, reduces accidents and lowers steel corrosion and concrete failure rates ultimately resulting in a low cost of restoring roads, bridges, automobiles, and railings.
- ECO-ST also results in reducing high-risk costs of respiratory diseases and paw burns in pets.
- The use of a unique coated bead-type de-icer eliminates the solidification and dust issues associated with traditional flake-type de-icers.
|Temperature Condition||0ºC ~ -5ºC||-5ºC ~ -15ºC||-15ºC ~ -25ºC||-25ºC ~ -35ºC|
|Less than 3cm(1.18 inch) of snow load||30 g/m²||60 g/m²||90 g/m²||120 g/m²|
|More than 3cm(1.18 inch) of snow load||40 g/m²||70 g/m²||100 g/m²||130 g/m²|
The Required amount of de-icer may vary depending on the condition of the atmosphere. If the snow has piled more than 5cm(1.96 inches), users need to shovel the area before applying.
- "World's First De-icer using Starfish". Hyperstarter. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "An eco-friendly ice melter that will protect your dog and the environment". Gadget Flow. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "Move over, salt! A new eco-friendly deicer that uses fruit is in the works". FOX13 News Seattle Washington KCPQ. 3 December 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "'ECO-ST', a Starfish eco-friendly de-icer will be introduced by STAR's TECH CO., LTD". PRUnderground. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "ECO-ST: Starfish De-Icer. Now On Kickstarter!". PRUnderground. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "ECO-ST : STARFISH DE-ICER. NOW ON KICKSTARTER!". PR Fire. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "Starfish De-icer ECO-ST,ECO-ST1 by STARSTECH - Komachine Supplier Profile and Product List". www.komachine.com. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "ECO-ST : STARFISH DE-ICER (snow melting agent)". Kickstarter. Retrieved 25 March 2022.